Music you and ya Da had/have in common...

Thackeray

Striker
Idea shamelessly stolen from Steve Lurpak on 6 Music tonight...

My Dad was a drummer who played 5 nights a week throughout my childhood, and who absolutely idolised Buddy Rich. We eventually saw him together at the Royal Festival Hall, which was without question one of the best gigs I ever attended...

Absolutely anything counts.

Music you and your Ma both love/loved obviously also counts...

Idea shamelessly stolen from Steve Lurpak on 6 Music tonight...

My Dad was a drummer who played 5 nights a week throughout my childhood, and who absolutely idolised Buddy Rich. We eventually saw him together at the Royal Festival Hall, which was without question one of the best gigs I ever attended...

Absolutely anything counts.

Music you and your Ma both love/loved obviously also counts...
For an owl;d fuddy duddy local preacher/trainee minister me ma actually had the cooler taste. Ray Charles, Stones, Small Faces etc. But as cool or as uncool as you may think it is me dad always played in brass bands and got me into playing instruments.
Actually miss playing brass and hoping once i finally get to hang up my dads taxi hat i can start playing again

Anyway the band me dad is in currently did a production of this not so long back and they were good

Last edited:
Shirley Bassey, Roger Whitaker (only because he was born in Durham), Mario Lanza, and the female duo who sang "Yes sir, I can boogie", and I almost forgot the Lighthouse Family.

Probably easier to name the things we don't both like tbh, though I take credit for him liking Elvis now, was always more into the British beat bands but I have retrospectively shown him what he was missing!

Heathen. Nowt wrang with Glen Miller, just don`t listen to it on a plane :lol:

He had this honky tonk piano cassette that he got for like 10p or something in Woolies bargain bin. He kept putting it on over and over again when we were driving to France. He thought it was brilliant but we were all groaning everytime the cassette came out :lol:

He had this honky tonk piano cassette that he got for like 10p or something in Woolies bargain bin. He kept putting it on over and over again when we were driving to France. He thought it was brilliant but we were all groaning everytime the cassette came out :lol:
:lol: to be fair i do the same to my lot now with Pink Floyd. I`ve worn three copies of PULSE out :lol:

Back