Music thread: FUNK!!!

Piffle. He's probably the greatest guitarist who ever lived. I understand that a lot of his stuff is difficult listening for non-widdlers (and even quite tricky for some widdlers) but his technique, applied musical theory knowledge, eclecticism and experimentalism are all second to none.

To my knowledge, no other guitarist in history has ever created/discovered/invented so many "new" noises with a guitar and turned them into signatures of their sound. I don't use the words lightly, but the man is a true musical genius.
None of that makes for good music.

He really isn't.

Piffle. He's probably the greatest guitarist who ever lived. I understand that a lot of his stuff is difficult listening for non-widdlers (and even quite tricky for some widdlers) but his technique, applied musical theory knowledge, eclecticism and experimentalism are all second to none.

To my knowledge, no other guitarist in history has ever created/discovered/invented so many "new" noises with a guitar and turned them into signatures of their sound. I don't use the words lightly, but the man is a true musical genius.
No doubt he's a technically gifted guitarist but I listened to quite a bit of his stuff after a mate raved about him and I found a lot of it just sounded the same and, dare I say it, a bit boring. Sorry.

Anyway lads, let's not derail a funk thread talking about Steve Vai. If you wanna chat about him, start a new thread and I'll join in.

Let's get back on the FUNK tracks...

Back