Music techy question......

Just had a quick Google there and it doesn't look like there is any easy way (as in clicking a button using Windows Media Player or similar) to cast from a Windows device to Chromecast. It was just a quick Google though.

This is more Android based 6 Ways to Stream Local Music Collection to Chromecast but the first suggestion of uploading your music to Google Play and casting from there comes up often. Personally I couldn't be arsed with that. The second point on that list might work for you though. I haven't tested it but I'd have thought you could use Plex from the Chrome browser to cast to the Chromecast Audio.

I use Spotify with Chromecast Audio, using their web player I can cast from Chrome browser but I find it easier to cast from my phone and use the Spotify Windows app to control that through Spotify Connect.

Sorry mate, I think I'm being thick here, the chromecast is plugged into the stereo, the MP3s are on my laptop, surely I have to "stream" them to get the chromecast icon on the screen.
Yes. The term is "cast". App on Android and Windows support it. On your laptop, you can "cast" from Chrome browser, so if your music is in Google Play then you can use that.
You can also just directly cast mp3s in the way that @Kevsgreat but that method is a little more manual in nature. Spotify is a good shout too as mentioned.

Well I can cast from my phone using Amazon Music, and pretty much any other media player. You must be able to do it from a PC.

Also, Cex sell used Chromecast Audios for about £17 delivered.

Also, it's a way better solution than shitty Bluetooth.

I had a Chromecast audio a couple of years ago, it was working fine until a firmware update and then it literally broke my internet. I'm on BT and my router started crashing and rebooting constantly all of a sudden, luckily I saw a thing about it in a link from Hotukdeals, which was just as well as I had an engineer booked to come out which would have cost me 60 quid. I took it back and got a refund

Back