Music questions for us oldies

• Thread starter XK120 Difficult Lion
  • Start date

I still listen to prog when the mood takes me. I've recently started going through the back catalogue of a band I never paid much attention to at the time...Gentle Giant. They did some canny stuff.

Lucky b'stard. The world is badly needing a Bob right now. I get a lump in my throat watching him sometimes. A true legend if there ever was one.
Was overwhelmed at the time, decided to do it on a whim, managed to get tickets by post pre internet days, didnt dare tell me mam, so did it on the sly.
Was also lucky as the Manchester gig was cancelled.
Can still remember the little black fella coming on stage and doing a very basic intro, " Ladies and gentlemen, all the way from Trenchtown Jamaica, lets hear it for Bob Marley & the Wailers".

Was overwhelmed at the time, decided to do it on a whim, managed to get tickets by post pre internet days, didnt dare tell me mam, so did it on the sly.
Was also lucky as the Manchester gig was cancelled.
Can still remember the little black fella coming on stage and doing a very basic intro, " Ladies and gentlemen, all the way from Trenchtown Jamaica, lets hear it for Bob Marley & the Wailers".
Must've been one of the most laid back, chilled concerts ever. Not an ounce of bother I bet.

I've heard stories about him from mates that lived in Brixton in the 70's and never heard a bad word said. A typical Rasta, all about the love and peace.

Back