Music magpie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Hunt

Midfield
What an absolute joke of a service.
Only used them for the stuff that Ziffit and WeBuyBooks wouldn't take as their offers are pitiful. The other two paid me around £80 combined for around 80-100 items, Music magpie offered about £5 for the same amount. Also no issues with delivery labels for the other two, however no email received from MM with labels. Emailed them to request labels and still waiting a day later for any kind of response.
My advice would be to use Ziffit and WeBuyBooks and give anything else to charity.

No dosh is most the stuff anyway now.

Bloke on local selling site doing 300 DVD including some good stuff for 40 quid.

Worth buying if you have holiday home in the back of beyond to have a big movie library

Most of stuff like this isn't worth the effort of scanning and packing. Even charity shops would turn some of it down.

What an absolute joke of a service.
Only used them for the stuff that Ziffit and WeBuyBooks wouldn't take as their offers are pitiful. The other two paid me around £80 combined for around 80-100 items, Music magpie offered about £5 for the same amount. Also no issues with delivery labels for the other two, however no email received from MM with labels. Emailed them to request labels and still waiting a day later for any kind of response.
My advice would be to use Ziffit and WeBuyBooks and give anything else to charity.
Similar - collection just didn't turn up. Ended up taking it to a hermes parcel drop place instead.

They're good for buying but I'd not sell to them. We're having a huge CD clearout so I scanned a few into Music Magpie out of interest: they were offering pennies. It's way more hassle but I've been selling them in batches on ebay. One CD sale alone gave more return than MM were going to offer for the same one plus around 20 others.

They're good for buying but I'd not sell to them. We're having a huge CD clearout so I scanned a few into Music Magpie out of interest: they were offering pennies. It's way more hassle but I've been selling them in batches on ebay. One CD sale alone gave more return than MM were going to offer for the same one plus around 20 others.
This would have been the sensible way but couldn't be arsed. eBay is a chew on and full of scammers. Ziffit and WeBuyBooks offer some decent prices to be fair, the rest I just wanted shot of as I have digitised all the CDs so used MM as the quick option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back