Murder Trial- disappearance of Margaret Fleming

Cee Jay

Striker
Anyone watch it last night...second part on tonight.
Just watched the second and concluding part on I Player. Not giving much away but wait till the bloke accused gives evidence :eek: :lol: :lol:

Really bizarre sad murder case, pair of them guilty as hell and his evidence was bizarre. Even the judge looked bemused by his evidence in the box, got to admit at the end I was hoping the prosecution lawyer turned and told the defendant to "go and boil his head" after the case.

Just dread to think about her sad life and what had gone on at the hands of those two money grabbing scum bags.

:evil:
Probably the correct verdict but I'm not sure how they could arrive at it

Unbelievable it went so long with nobody checking on her though

Yep said the same to the missus...how sad that someone so vulnerable could go 17 years without anyone seeing/checking on her :eek:
Really bizarre sad murder case, pair of them guilty as hell and his evidence was bizarre. Even the judge looked bemused by his evidence in the box, got to admit at the end I was hoping the prosecution lawyer turned and told the defendant to "go and boil his head" after the case.

Just dread to think about her sad life and what had gone on at the hands of those two money grabbing scum bags.

Aye very sad. Also a bit surprised Avril didn't break and land him in it.

The letters seemed to be the clincher.....had to laugh at the "go boil ya heed" bit
The judge and even his QC with their head in their hands :lol:
Sure his defence didn't want him to give evidence, but you could tell he'd be arrogant/stupid enough to want to.

Last edited:
Just watched this and can't see how they can be sure beyond reasonable doubt of guilt on that evidence, the case was very weak.
Having just watched it I don't think theres any chance they didn't do it.

Any chance they had was probably blown the minute the bloke decided he wanted to have his say.

Strange case. The evidence that they conspired to contrive her disappearance was convincing. I think they killed her although I'm still not completely certain it was murder, but the way they were acting sealed their own fate.

Probably the correct verdict but I'm not sure how they could arrive at it

Unbelievable it went so long with nobody checking on her though
Whilst the way it has been implemented is a disgrace it does show that the welfare system needed change. They were claiming benefits for her from 1999 until 2016 without any kind of checks and if the reforms hadn't come in then no one would have even realised!

What the hell was the ex fireman going on about.. It was definately human flesh burning.. but couldn't tell the cops because its too awful to comprehend???

No further questions m'lud. :lol:

Strange case. The evidence that they conspired to contrive her disappearance was convincing. I think they killed her although I'm still not completely certain it was murder, but the way they were acting sealed their own fate.
The wifey's blank face when the reporter interviewed her and then at the end asked her "is there owt you'd like to say to camera" and she said nowt and just stared! :rolleyes:

Whilst the way it has been implemented is a disgrace it does show that the welfare system needed change. They were claiming benefits for her from 1999 until 2016 without any kind of checks and if the reforms hadn't come in then no one would have even realised!
I cant understand how she wasn't being called in for those ATOS / point checks that they started doing back from around 2000 onwards - very odd.

I cant understand how she wasn't being called in for those ATOS / point checks that they started doing back from around 2000 onwards - very odd.
I don't have much knowledge of the benefit system but according to this:

ATOS didn't start doing assessments until 2008 and prior to that only a small handful of claimants were checked up on. I suppose it depends what benefit she/They were claiming.

I don't have much knowledge of the benefit system but according to this:

ATOS didn't start doing assessments until 2008 and prior to that only a small handful of claimants were checked up on. I suppose it depends what benefit she/They were claiming.
I'm sure I was called in for a check with someone that did a points based thing between about 2000 - 2002 or summat, at a place in Sunderland centre when I was on Incapacity benefit.

The wifey's blank face when the reporter interviewed her and then at the end asked her "is there owt you'd like to say to camera" and she said nowt and just stared! :rolleyes:

She was the oddest one of the two, for me.
Also did anyone catch the guy's face screw up when they started talking about decomposition? That seemed pretty telling for me.
Sky or Netflix mate?
Found it.

Iplayer

Last edited:

Back