Murder Mountain

just binge watched the whole series. Fascinating insight into the drug war in America. Matter of time before it's legalised here imo.

Watched it yesterday but seemed highly sensationalised. Entertaining if exaggerated though.

This put me in mind of a story told to me by a tribal elder in Morocco. I asked him why the police didn't close down the drug trade from the Rif and he said it was down to the role played by tribesmen fighters in WW2. Apparently the allies were held up at Monticassino (Sp?) They couldn't handle the mountain fighting and were taking heavy casualties. The French offered to send Moroccan tribesmen to do the dirty work and they helped clear the way. Result was they were granted control of their homelands in perpetuity. As an aside he told me the allies allowed their fighters to rape at will with impunity. Just thought I'd mention it as of late I've been reading the EU are clamping down on the farmers up there.

I fell asleep during the first episode. Completely bored by it which was surprising as i love stuff like that.

Do i need to give it a chance?

This put me in mind of a story told to me by a tribal elder in Morocco. I asked him why the police didn't close down the drug trade from the Rif and he said it was down to the role played by tribesmen fighters in WW2. Apparently the allies were held up at Monticassino (Sp?) They couldn't handle the mountain fighting and were taking heavy casualties. The French offered to send Moroccan tribesmen to do the dirty work and they helped clear the way. Result was they were granted control of their homelands in perpetuity. As an aside he told me the allies allowed their fighters to rape at will with impunity. Just thought I'd mention it as of late I've been reading the EU are clamping down on the farmers up there.
no idea if this is a legit site - but hadn't ever heard of this before - sounds grim
UNCENSORED HISTORY: Dark Chapters Of History: Images Of War, History , WW2: Mass Rape Of Italian Women By French Colonial Soldiers In 1944

I fell asleep during the first episode. Completely bored by it which was surprising as i love stuff like that.

Do i need to give it a chance?

Definately. The later episodes take a few twists regarding vigilantes taking the law into their hands and the ripple effects that can happen in an environment like that.

Back