Murder Investigation Launched - Woman Arrested After Man Dies In Birtley

I can still remember when murder was a huge deal and hardly ever happened around here. Nowadays it’s just another news article.
What the fuck is wrong with people that human life has become so cheap where a grudge or disagreement is settled with killing?

Before anyone suggests it, the death penalty is not the answer, statistics prove this. In any case, this sounds like manslaughter, which wouldn’t be a capital offence anyway. Even if you believe in the efficacy of the DP as a deterrent against murder, the threat of the DP doesn’t stop people killing spontaneously in anger.

I can still remember when murder was a huge deal and hardly ever happened around here. Nowadays it’s just another news article.
What the fuck is wrong with people that human life has become so cheap where a grudge or disagreement is settled with killing?

Before anyone suggests it, the death penalty is not the answer, statistics prove this. In any case, this sounds like manslaughter, which wouldn’t be a capital offence anyway. Even if you believe in the efficacy of the DP as a deterrent against murder, the threat of the DP doesn’t stop people killing spontaneously in anger.
People have been murdering people for over a millennia ya dingbat.

means the fuckas only do it once though

means the fuckas only do it once though

I agree, there’s plenty of people I’d like to see hung, drawn and quartered. Ian Huntley, for one. Thankfully, my lust for blood isn’t considered by the lawmakers! :lol:

Life imprisonment also means they do it once, the snag is, life in prison isn’t always handed out.
I’d argue that a true life term is worse than a swiftly executed DP for the convict, though perhaps ironically without being inhumane and barbaric. The US way is the worst of all situations. Being on death row, waiting for execution for perhaps twenty years while they’re going through all the appeals is utterly barbaric. This is just one reason I oppose the DP.

I’d top myself if I thought I even had to spend a few years in prison. I couldn’t do it, I’d last five minutes.

People have been murdering people for over a millennia ya dingbat.

Longer than a millennia?! :lol:

A lot longer than that, mind!

Murder in the NE is much more commonplace now than it was, say, thirty years ago. If it just seems that way, fair enough.

Last edited:
I agree, there’s plenty of people I’d like to see hung, drawn and quartered. Ian Huntley, for one. Thankfully, my lust for blood isn’t considered by the lawmakers! :lol:

Life imprisonment also means they do it once, the snag is, life in prison isn’t always handed out.
I’d argue that a true life term is worse than a swiftly executed DP for the convict, though perhaps ironically without being inhumane and barbaric. The US way is the worst of all situations. Being on death row, waiting for execution for perhaps twenty years while they’re going through all the appeals is utterly barbaric. This is just one reason I oppose the DP.

I’d top myself if I thought I even had to spend a few years in prison. I couldn’t do it, I’d last five minutes.

Longer than a millennia?! :lol:

A lot longer than that, mind!

Murder in the NE is much more commonplace now than it was, say, thirty years ago. If it just seems that way, fair enough.
Was the 'longest' word I could think of.

Back