Murder in springwell gateshead

How do you break the chain of different generations of the same families committing multiple offences?

A certain number or type of offence(s) before a specific age results in an automatic jail sentence? Similar to the American 'three strikes and out' policy?

A lot more extreme, but sterilisation after a certain type of offence or a set number of 'minor' events? Slippery slope, that one, but it would stop the offending gene pool at source.

There are certain people that you can throw as many 'social' initiatives at, spend as much money as possible on them, and they will just say what they know you want to hear, promise that they have reformed and that they have seen the light, then walk away and carry on doing what they were doing before, laughing while they do it, and calling the people who are trying to help them 'thick *****'. They are lost causes and will never fit into society because they don't want to - they like being sh!theads and scumbags.
I'd lock them up but have them out doing hard manual 12 hour shifts every day, prison isn't pleasant but it isn't a deterent anymore.

With some families it’s endemic. The problem need to be addressed one or two generations ago. The one who committed this crime had no chance in life, at least until he became a fully mature man and was able to make independent decisions. But usually by that time, it’s is too late too.
Could also cut the chain Kev. Jail the **** for life. No parole. No kids. Costs a lot I appreciate but with any luck he will die young whilst incarcerated.

Every time they are arrested hoy them in stocks for a week and let the public come and piss and shit on them. Upload it all to social media for maximum effect. Feed the ***** dog shit

Have to agree with this. Old enough to take a life, old enough to be named.
But he will have had a difficult life, probably introduced to drugs young and naming him will be so detrimental to any chance of reabilitation etc. blah, blah, blah.
I am from Birtley so I am sure name will become apparent soon enough. Jail forever. Only deterrent beyond killing the **** which, were there a vote, would be my pick.

Back