Munich

How long does it take by train ?

About 90 minutes to the bottom of the mountain, might be longer. Then jump into the train to the top of the mountain - you can get a ticket that includes all of this. As regards the directions to the Hofbrauhaus, as cjibber said, take a look at a map, as mine are a little bit autopilot. Marienplatz is a large U-Bahn station, and there's lots of exits. It's a great bar though - huge, good beer and food, and massively touristy

Different part of Germany... But worth a visit.. Koblenz .. River Rhine meets the Moselle .. Trips through the wine valleys on a river cruise... The town reminded me of Brugge... Lovely place... And happy memories..

The hofbrauhaus is always really busy (mainly with tourists) so it has a good atmosphere but there are other beer halls not so large and touristy that are a lot better. It's been years since I've been so don't remember the names but they're easy enough to find. Enjoy, I loved Munich and always wanted to go again . We went to the Olympic stadium and it was Christmas when we were there, we stayed just round the corner from the big market

The hofbrauhaus is always really busy (mainly with tourists) so it has a good atmosphere but there are other beer halls not so large and touristy that are a lot better. It's been years since I've been so don't remember the names but they're easy enough to find. Enjoy, I loved Munich and always wanted to go again . We went to the Olympic stadium and it was Christmas when we were there, we stayed just round the corner from the big market
I might be doing the zipline across the Olympic stadium

Heading there next week with our lass (wad)

Anyone been to Neuschwanstein castle by car? Rather do it myself than one of the tour buses.

Any other recommendations?
Went to Munich last year in June with the Husband. A visit to the castle being the main reason for going. We did the bus trip which takes 2 hours to get there. it's a long day but worth it. There was a lot of hanging around before you can get in the castle as you have a specific time on the ticket. You have to go through the turn style at the exact time. It was very busy in June.
Munich is very Austrian.
The Hard Rock Cafe was quiet and the worst Hard Rock Cafe I have been to, so wouldn't recommend it.
The Science Museum was good and you get a nice pizza at the cafe in the courtyard.
We got the underground to the Olympic Stadium and it was all shut up. You can walk through the grounds, we got lost and ended up having to walk back to the original Metro Station next to Olympic Village where shooting happened.

Back