Munich

Heading there next week with our lass (wad)

Anyone been to Neuschwanstein castle by car? Rather do it myself than one of the tour buses.

Any other recommendations?

friend organising his 50th for june in munich ? didnt realise it was a venue for euro 2020 , when is the draw made to see who will be playing there ?

friend organising his 50th for june in munich ? didnt realise it was a venue for euro 2020 , when is the draw made to see who will be playing there ?

The draw's made on November 30th (before the playoff winners are known). Germany will play at least two games there (three if Hungary don't qualify). The draw promises to be a bit of a farce TBH (if the host teams for all cities used qualify, they get to play 2 or 3 home games). That means:

Group A: Italy
Group B: Denmark, Russia
Group C: Netherlands, Romania (if they qualify)
Group D: England, Scotland (if they qualify)
Group E: Spain, Republic of Ireland (if they qualify)
Group F: Germany, Hungary (if they qualify)

As Romania, Scotland and Ireland are in the playoffs, that's at least three places not immediately decided.

Heading there next week with our lass (wad)

Anyone been to Neuschwanstein castle by car? Rather do it myself than one of the tour buses.

Any other recommendations?
We have done it by car from Munich. We drove to Fussen and stayed there. Fussen is only a couple of hours from Munich and three or four miles from Hohenschwangau. You can park in Hohenschwangau and walk to the castles (Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein) from there. It is worth walking past the castle to Marienbrüke for the best views looking down at Neuschwanstein.

Fussen is nice enough to look around. We drove back to Munich via Oberammergau but there are lots of other places on the Romantic Road which are worth stopping at for a look around.

We have done it by car from Munich. We drove to Fussen and stayed there. Fussen is only a couple of hours from Munich and three or four miles from Hohenschwangau. You can park in Hohenschwangau and walk to the castles (Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein) from there. It is worth walking past the castle to Marienbrüke for the best views looking down at Neuschwanstein.

Fussen is nice enough to look around. We drove back to Munich via Oberammergau but there are lots of other places on the Romantic Road which are worth stopping at for a look around.
Ideal that info mate thanks. Did you walk up to the St Marys Bridge for the pics over looking the castle etc?

It's pretty, but I would give it a miss and head down into the Alps and up the Zugspitze. Can take a train from Munich Central (Hauptbahnhof). As Epping said, Dachau is also worth a visit, as is the Olympic Park (BMW museum, sea life centre (if you like that sort of thing) and the Olympischerturm - Olympic tower). Enjoy the Hofbrauhaus as well, just a couple of minutes from Marienplatz (out the station, turn downhill and through the gates, then 2nd left I believe) - that's a great place

It's pretty, but I would give it a miss and head down into the Alps and up the Zugspitze. Can take a train from Munich Central (Hauptbahnhof). As Epping said, Dachau is also worth a visit, as is the Olympic Park (BMW museum, sea life centre (if you like that sort of thing) and the Olympischerturm - Olympic tower). Enjoy the Hofbrauhaus as well, just a couple of minutes from Marienplatz (out the station, turn downhill and through the gates, then 2nd left I believe) - that's a great place
You can get good views of the Zugspitze from Mount Wank and you get to have a beer in the WankHaus as well!

If you want to go the Hofbrauhaus, look at a map. Do not use the above directions!

It's pretty, but I would give it a miss and head down into the Alps and up the Zugspitze. Can take a train from Munich Central (Hauptbahnhof).

How long does it take by train ?
We’re heading to Munich in April for my husband’s birthday , trouble is I’ve seen so many things that we want to do that we’ll never have the time !

Back