Mumbai Silk

I've remained loyal to Yuvraaj next door which is always decent but haven't tried Mumbai Silk (Russell Foster is behind it I think?). Anyone tried both and can compare?

Both decent for me like, been to Mumbai Silk a few times recently, happy hour til 7 o’clock or somat even on a weekend and in walking distance to Spike Towers, cheaper than getting a takeaway and they’ve been giving me a beer and a wine for our lass to take home the last few times I’ve been in since they started recognising me going in all the time

Yuvraaj is good as well like but prefer Mumbai silk for the service and ambiance, always a good vibe

Best Indians in Sunderland. The owner is a topper bloke, the staff are lovely people and the food is top notch. Bit spicier than usual though.

Spice Empire is my Indian restaurant of choice at the minute. Absolutely lovely bait.

Great gesture by Mumbai silk though.

I thought the bait was brilliant. Saturday at 8pm is mental though and you can end up hanging round a canny bit for a table, even if booked. He didn’t ask for my name when we came in, suggesting I’d wasted my time ringing in advance.

Spice Empire is my Indian restaurant of choice at the minute. Absolutely lovely bait.

Great gesture by Mumbai silk though.
I had explosive diarrhoea from having a pathia in there before, I was at work and just managed to get to the rotten downstairs bog with no lock on with about 0.5 seconds to spare. Hard work trying to keep the door shut with ya foot while the world as it’s dog comes out of your arse. The pathia was tasty mind.

As for Mumbai Silk, it looks lovely in side and has a decent bar but the food was a solid 5/10, very bland I thought.

Last edited:
was in for the first time on Friday night. My only complaint was the service. Not because it took too long but because they had about 12 members of staff and so we got asked 3 times if we wanted to order, got asked twice if we wanted to order drinks after already ordering etc but if that's your only complaint in a restaurant then it's pretty darn good.

Bait was tremendous.

in, sat down at 5:30pm, ordered 4 course special with a pint, ate starter and main, supped up and out by 6:20pm in time for a few pints before the match. Wouldn't even manage to do that in McDonalds. :lol:

9/10. :cool:

It was ok when I went, not great though.

I didn't walk out thinking that was lovely.

Spice Empire and Goa are the best restaurants, everytime I eat there it's always perfect

The happy hour is the same isn't it at both? What's the bar like?

Think happy hour is the same but the food not even close imo

Mrs had cocktails at Mumbai Silk which by all accounts was excellent but I want decent food not drink

The naan bread and starters were excellent but that's the easy thing to get right. Main course was lacking flavour and chicken quite tough

Think happy hour is the same but the food not even close imo

Mrs had cocktails at Mumbai Silk which by all accounts was excellent but I want decent food not drink

The naan bread and starters were excellent but that's the easy thing to get right. Main course was lacking flavour and chicken quite tough
Il probably go for a balti on the happy hour see what it's like

Il probably go for a balti on the happy hour see what it's like

That's what I got... tikka chicken balti, don't bother

I've only been once so was going to give it another try, but going off people's comments in this thread it wasn't a one off

I'll stick to Spice Empire and Goa

Last edited:

Back