multiquoting

could anyone tell me in an idiot proof way how to multiquote. i've looked and searched but it's beyond me.
i can multiquote fine if the quotes i want to reply to are on the same page of the thread but if they aren't then when i go to the page where the other post is that i'd like to quote the first quote disappears. (if that makes sense)

Easiest way is just to keep replying to each of the posts with the reply "button".

As long as your post remains the last one on the thread it will automatically be merged with your previous reply.

could anyone tell me in an idiot proof way how to multiquote. i've looked and searched but it's beyond me.
i can multiquote fine if the quotes i want to reply to are on the same page of the thread but if they aren't then when i go to the page where the other post is that i'd like to quote the first quote disappears. (if that makes sense)
Thanks for this.
Easiest way is just to keep replying to each of the posts with the reply "button".

As long as your post remains the last one on the thread it will automatically be merged with your previous reply.
And this.

I middle click / toggle-click on the Reply button, and it brings up the full dialog in another tab.
If I do that on 2 different posts, I can then copy/paste the 2nd post into the dialog for the 1st post, and then I have them both on one box
Then I can chose to reply to them one by one, even nest them inside eachother and have it look:

Like this

I middle click / toggle-click on the Reply button, and it brings up the full dialog in another tab.
If I do that on 2 different posts, I can then copy/paste the 2nd post into the dialog for the 1st post, and then I have them both on one box
Then I can chose to reply to them one by one, even nest them inside eachother and have it look:

Like this

***This is just a test*** said:

Like this

humbug said:
Thanks for this.
Roger said:

And this.

Interesting!

Last edited:

Back