Multi tasking...The old chestnut

The way that different parts of the brain communicate with each other can be remarkably different between men and women. But practical tests don't show much difference in outcome iirc.

So how comes on a Sunday for example our lass can wash and dry clothes, talk on the phone AND make a dinner with several pans plus the oven all on the go at the same time when all I can do is drink tea and watch footy?

I think it has been proven that women's brains are better equipped than men's for multitasking
Nahhhh.

A man telling women how to multi task.

They haven’t even done it at the top level ffs. A man can lecture a man about how to multi task, but until they have done it for their country then can fuck off. It’s a totally different thing

Plus it sounds wrong to my ears
I find a lot of lasses at work are flappers as soon as the pace picks up or they get a curveball .I'm not going down the line of "all lasses" but i just think its down to the individual.Thats why some are cut out for management rolls,some aren't.I'm spinning plates all day everyday in my job as are loads of other managers and other such professions.

So how comes on a Sunday for example our lass can wash and dry clothes, talk on the phone AND make a dinner with several pans plus the oven all on the go at the same time when all I can do is drink tea and watch footy?
Would bore me to tears ,i live alone ,the washing was done Saturday.Sunday i cook a full dinner for me and my son while cracking on with other stuff .Just different people not gender

Last edited:
Nahhhh.

I find a lot of lasses at work are flappers as soon as the pace picks up or they get a curveball .I'm not going down the line of "all lasses" but i just think its down to the individual.Thats why some are cut out for management rolls,some aren't.I'm spinning plates all day everyday in my job as are loads of other managers and other such professions.

Would bore me to tears ,i live alone ,the washing was done Saturday.Sunday i cook a full dinner for me and my son while cracking on with other stuff .Just different people not gender
You must have a bit off lass in you mate ;)

Aye,i prefer to call it looking after myself .Never needed looking after by anyone ,canny sad if you do .Loads of blokes out there" don't know what i'd do without her".My mate comes away on jollies and doesnt even know what clothes he's got til he opens the bag
He's got a goodun there the lucky bastard

Aye,i prefer to call it looking after myself .Never needed looking after by anyone ,canny sad if you do .Loads of blokes out there" don't know what i'd do without her".My mate comes away on jollies and doesnt even know what clothes he's got til he opens the bag
I don’t even know where we are going until we get to the airport.
At Christmas I get as much of a surprise as the kids when they open their presents.
It’s not that I can’t look after myself, it’s that she is a control freak so I just let her get in with it. Plus I’m a lazy sod.

Multitasking is a myth, it really means doing lots of things badly at once. It is just an excuse to give most of the jobs to women then blame them when it goes wrong.

Multitasking is a myth, it really means doing lots of things badly at once. It is just an excuse to give most of the jobs to women then blame them when it goes wrong.
There's some truth in this
In the case of the lass at the start,she would have done either of those three jobs better if only doing that .The other bit of real mutli tasking is knowing where you are with each bit and the ablity to get to that spot at any time as new stuff comes at you .The plate spinning as i call it .Its way more than cooking and helping the bairn,its done everyday in lots of workplaces

Nahhhh.

Curve ball :rolleyes:
Spinning plates :rolleyes:
:oops:

I know a few 'Mummy Boys', one moved out to live alone and did not know how to make a pan of chips.:lol:
There's a few mummy boys who take on a lass because she treats and caters for him just like his mam has done.

Back