Multi tasking...The old chestnut

JAZZMANB

Striker
Caught the end of an interview on radio4 this morning some ex army guy doing a radio interview while changing his daughters nappy and some condescending lass (the other half of the interview) "women wouldn't even mention it ,its what we do "."Men are like hedgehogs,women are foxes keeping an eye on everything ",!! " i can be cooking a meal ,helping my daughter with her homework and on the phone to my office " like she's a genius .
Turnsout the bloke was in a head of a unit in afghanistan and regularly spoke in the local speak while leading men and listening to two languages coming across the radio waves.
Surely this woman thing is a myth?
Surely some people are good at it and others not regardless of gender ?

Caught the end of an interview on radio4 this morning some ex army guy doing a radio interview while changing his daughters nappy and some condescending lass (the other half of the interview) "women wouldn't even mention it ,its what we do "."Men are like hedgehogs,women are foxes keeping an eye on everything ",!! " i can be cooking a meal ,helping my daughter with her homework and on the phone to my office " like she's a genius .
Turnsout the bloke was in a head of a unit in afghanistan and regularly spoke in the local speak while leading men and listening to two languages coming across the radio waves.

I think it has been proven that women's brains are better equipped than men's for multitasking

I think it has been proven that women's brains are better equipped than men's for multitasking

Far from "proven". There have been small scale studies that have shown women to be better, others that have shown men to be better, and an attempt at explaining why women might be better if indeed they turned out to be, but it's all far from conclusive and some of the experiments have been heavily criticised for a lack of attention to detail.

Far from "proven". There have been small scale studies that have shown women to be better, others that have shown men to be better, and an attempt at explaining why women might be better if indeed they turned out to be, but it's all far from conclusive and some of the experiments have been heavily criticised for a lack of attention to detail.
Areet man Davey Attenborough

The way that different parts of the brain communicate with each other can be remarkably different between men and women. But practical tests don't show much difference in outcome iirc.

I love how women can get away with being sexist but there’s f***ing outrage if its the other way around.

Depends how you look at it IMO. Being in a combat situation, responsible for 20-30 lives, trying to adapt to the changing situation all while speaking two languages over a radio with potentially bad comms is much more impressive than a lass bragging she can cook the tea whilst phoning Sharon at the office to moan about Linda being back on the sick.

Back