Multi fuel stoves/woodburners

Batdad

Winger
Anyone got one?

Worth the chew on of getting it installed?

Thinking of getting one but it'd need to use smokeless fuel due to the area we live in.

I think there is a few on here have them, I’m not sure though. Rarely get a mention on here mate.
I was sure there was a geet massive thread about someone saving a packet on their gas bill but I can't for the life of me find it. Search function on here is naff.

Logon or register to see this image
I was sure there was a geet massive thread about someone saving a packet on their gas bill but I can't for the life of me find it. Search function on here is naff.
I was joking mate. There’s a hundred. Every scratters on here has one :lol:
To answer your question. No, they are manky and cost a fortune to run if you have to buy wood or coal for them. But lovely to look at and warm.
Invest your money in a new gas one mate and thank me later.

If you decide to get one drop me a pm and I will build you a bunker.

To answer your question. No, they are manky and cost a fortune to run if you have to buy wood or coal for them. But lovely to look at and warm.

I was worried that would be the case.

Got nee choice now as the misses has decided we simply must have one.

Here's what I've got to work with:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Gunna have a mooch around some fireplace shops this weekend I think

Right with the buying for fuel but if you have a free source then it’s a must have imo

Did he send you up on the roof?
I’m a roofer so that bit was fine. We had to take the chimney breast apart to replace lintel and install the board above the stove. It’s been in for about 8 year and he’s going back to gas. He’s getting on a bit now.

Right with the buying for fuel but if you have a free source then it’s a must have imo
Like in my reply there my mate had a free supply. He shoots and had plenty wood from the land he shot. But he’s getting in a bit 63 and he’s thinking about the next ten year. Getting the wood is the easy bit, chopping and storing it is the pain so he as been paying for kiln dried stuff in recent years.

Last edited:
I’m a roofer so that bit was fine. We had to take the chimney breast apart to replace lintel and install the board above the stove. It’s been in for about 8 year and he’s going back to gas. He’s getting on a bit now.

Like in my reply there my mate had a free supply. He shoots and had plenty wood from the land he shot. But he’s getting in a bit 63 and he’s thinking about the next ten year. Getting the wood is the easy bit, chopping and storing it is the pain so he as been paying for kiln dried stuff in recent years.
Fire wood warms you up twice. Once getting it, 2nd time burning it

I was worried that would be the case.

Got nee choice now as the misses has decided we simply must have one.

Here's what I've got to work with:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Gunna have a mooch around some fireplace shops this weekend I think
Is your dominatrix wife going to pay the £1,000+ to supply & fit it, clean out the ash, chop kindling/buy expensive kindling, cut scrap wood/logs/buy expensive logs, fetch them in, not squeal at spiders, or even close the vents as it warms up?

Just save the effort & burn her purse full of money.

This, they look the same, without any of the disadvantages.

Last edited:
Is your dominatrix wife going to pay the £1,000+ to supply & fit it, clean out the ash, chop kindling/buy expensive kindling, cut scrap wood/logs/buy expensive logs, fetch them in, not squeal at spiders, or even close the vents as it warms up?

Just save the effort & burn her purse full of money.

This, they look the same, without any of the disadvantages.

I've told her it's her responsibility for this and she still wants one. I'm really not all that optimistic it will end up being her responsibility :rolleyes:

Back