Mugabi finally on his way out?

Maybe I was wrong, it seems the sacked VP Mnangagwa (who doesn’t get on with Grace) is interim president?

In a country that is as fucked up as it comes (actually maybe Venezuela or Somalia are more fucked up), this has potential to get very bad

in typical zimbabwe fashion ..it started yesterday, but it was badly organised and nobody knew who was supposed to be doing what....so its taken another day to actually get going
I am a bit more optimistic. Mugabe was always going to be very difficult to shift as he did not entirely depend upon the army to keep himself in power he has a lot of "popular" support on the street particularly with his party's "Youth Movement". In such circumstances the Army would have to keep every thing low key in order not to tip off their opponents what is going on.

I believe that Mr & Mrs Mugabe had been taken into protection by the Army who is defending them from the nasty people immediately around them. Mugabe is still President (of a sort) so there is no reason for his supporters to go on to the street.

Time will tell of course but it looks quite an astute move by the Army to me.

I am a bit more optimistic. Mugabe was always going to be very difficult to shift as he did not entirely depend upon the army to keep himself in power he has a lot of "popular" support on the street particularly with his party's "Youth Movement". In such circumstances the Army would have to keep every thing low key in order not to tip off their opponents what is going on.

I believe that Mr & Mrs Mugabe had been taken into protection by the Army who is defending them from the nasty people immediately around them. Mugabe is still President (of a sort) so there is no reason for his supporters to go on to the street.

Time will tell of course but it looks quite an astute move by the Army to me.

Optimistic here too Lord Potts.

I suspect there might be some bloodshed at the end of the day though.:(

Back