Muck Spreading?

The smell of shite around Durham Road and the top of Farra has been bad for a week or two but is overpowering today - makes you want to reach 😵! I assume it's what the farmer is spreading on the fields but it smells like human excrement. I've checked my duds & they're okay, before anyone asks 😀.

The smell of shite around Durham Road and the top of Farra has been bad for a week or two but is overpowering today - makes you want to reach 😵! I assume it's what the farmer is spreading on the fields but it smells like human excrement. I've checked my duds & they're okay, before anyone asks 😀.
Was exactly the same in Leam Lane a few days ago. Must be that time of year

It could be animal slurry but it also can be human waste only in the latter case the field can't be used for anything, not even animal grazing, for (I think) two years.

That's cos it might be. A friend (MLF) used to buy treated sewage from, I assume, Northumbrian Water to spread on the fields. Called it 'monkey muck'.

Back