Mr Donald, please move the away fans back to the South Stand

How did it not work out?

They got moved cos most of the time before the south stand was empty and it looked horrendous.

Moved them. Made the Roker end a "singing" section. Looks much better.

Job complete.

Now if you fellas in the south stand can't get it up without having a broomstick stuck up your bum. Then I suggest the singing section isn't for you.

This. Strangely though, if the away fans are needed to make a racket, then the North stand surely shouldn't have remained a morgue....

Bollocks to that. Away fans as far away as possible from the pitch and therefore influencing their team. Sunderland behind both goals and around the whole pitch

If You need away fans singing at you from close range to make you chant, then you are chanting for the wrong reason.

Fuck the away fans. Support Sunderland

Nailed it.

Bollocks to that. Away fans as far away as possible from the pitch and therefore influencing their team. Sunderland behind both goals and around the whole pitch

If You need away fans singing at you from close range to make you chant, then you are chanting for the wrong reason.

This ffs.

It looks shite when there's little to no away fans, we're left with a huge gap and it makes the ground look cack, plus the north end couldn't really hear the SW end very well anyway.

We’ve got a team pretty much full of new first teamers. It’s no surprise that the only players with a chant are Cattermole and Mcgeady.
The new players haven’t caught the imagination and any new song idea is now shot down as shite very quickly.
It’s very similar to strips. People are always slagging off people who buy kits on here.

I don’t think moving the away fans would do anything. Keep people where they are and eventually the singers will find each other.
If the club really want to fix the atmosphere then they probably need to spend a few quid to fix the acoustics! (Never going to happen)

Is that it then? In this day and age I'd have thought there'd be more organisation to it than that, social media, bars before matches, etc.

Just interested really

Liverpool often have nights where someone is playing a guitar and the fans are singing the words. Man Utd have the Bishops Blaize. It still takes effort from the supporters though to hammer them in the group. We used to be class at it. Now we are shite.

It looks shite when there's little to no away fans, we're left with a huge gap and it makes the ground look cack, plus the north end couldn't really hear the SW end very well anyway.

This

Liverpool often have nights where someone is playing a guitar and the fans are singing the words. Man Utd have the Bishops Blaize. It still takes effort from the supporters though to hammer them in the group. We used to be class at it. Now we are shite.
That's the top and bottom of it like - if we're looking to tinkering at this that and the other to produce an atmosphere then there's your issue, or one of them at least.

There’s loads around us in the Roker end that want to be part of an atmosphere but aren’t interested in contributing to it…

I probably fall into that but I know if I had Away fans in earshot I'd sing loads more. Having 2,500 twats from Leeds etc by you gets it going rightly or wrongly.

When we were losing in the Prem people said we needed to win games again to bring back the noise. Well the wins are back but it's still terrible.

Thing we need a head case corner whereby only chanters should be allowed in. The flask bearers and blanket huggers are ruining it for the real fans. Can't understand why they just can't fuck off to a Costa cafe on the motorway.

That was O'Neill's logic before we embarked on probably the worst run of home form in the club's history.

Personally, prefer the edginess and banter of having the away fans closer.

Don't see how it will benefit our home performance, surely having a unified home singing end will be much better.

Also, discounting the last 2 years, our most pathetic seasons in SOL in 0203 and 0506 happened when the away lot were in the south stand. if I remember rightly, that didn't help our performances whatsoever.

Can see why people would like it, but personally I prefer sticking them up high. If they are loud enough they'll still make an atmosphere.

Back