Mr Donald, please move the away fans back to the South Stand

Or rather the Roker End as it is now called.

The atmosphere is crap. Move the away fans back to where they used to be to generate a proper atmosphere. Get the South West Corner bouncing again. Or better still...shift away fans into the family end of the South Stand and then we could have the SWC and section of South Stand to make more noise.

Martin O'Neil pushed for the away fans to move up a height to gain an advantage. Well it's done fuck all, we lost more home games than anyone else in the football league the last 3 or 4 seasons before this one and the atmosphere is shite.

Why? It looked shit 90 percent of the time when it was empty.

Leave them where they are and create your own atmosphere.

When teams like Burton and Accrington come with a few hundred fans, it looks absolutely shit with all the empty seats. The atmosphere was no better before, the problem is, we're not scoring enough goals and the fans in the "singing section" can't be arsed to chant.

This. All ower.

It makes no sense moving them. They are exactly where they need to be.

It is totally crap having them up a height. Even when concourse is open the away fans are still isolated.

The SOL atmosphere used to be class.

Great point about the players runnin out to north stand. Absolutely bizarre that imo.

I think it has something to do with the changing rooms and our bench being on the north side.

Put them in the west stand lower bowl adjacent to the south west corner. They'll get no exposure on TV so if there's a small allocation it won't be seen. Villa Park is set out in a similar fashion.

Last edited:
We used to have a song for almost every player and a load of other original songs. Now it's slowly crept back to the same three or four "classics" and a couple of utterly shite efforts. People got shot down in the past for saying people sharp get bored of singing the same few over and over again. Turns out they were right.

You can't put the away fans in the SWC, as the SWC is the main singing part, South Stand is good too, East not bad, I quite like the idea of the North West Corner, would make the North Stand and West generate more noise as they are the ones who don't seem to making too much but we are in Legaue One after all, if they teams wanted more tickets then North West Corner and also Upper North in the corner, tbh I don't have a problem where they at in the North Upper Stand, agree if we put them in the South Stand then the stadium looks rubbish on TV

I agree, it was a bad idea that didn't work out.

How did it not work out?

They got moved cos most of the time before the south stand was empty and it looked horrendous.

Moved them. Made the Roker end a "singing" section. Looks much better.

Job complete.

Now if you fellas in the south stand can't get it up without having a broomstick stuck up your bum. Then I suggest the singing section isn't for you.

We used to have a song for almost every player and a load of other original songs. Now it's slowly crept back to the same three or four "classics" and a couple of utterly shite efforts. People got shot down in the past for saying people sharp get bored of singing the same few over and over again. Turns out they were right.
Genuine question but how do other clubs with a good repertoire of songs (Liverpool say) work it so things get off the ground? It must be something more than just starting to sing and hoping people join in with some they don't know.

Genuine question but how do other clubs with a good repertoire of songs (Liverpool say) work it so things get off the ground? It must be something more than just starting to sing and hoping people join in with some they don't know.

A group of fans will sing a new chang over and over until it catches on. These days generally the chant is caught on camera so fans can quickly learn the words.

All this talk about just move them here and just move them there. What about the fans who have had the same seats for twenty years and would be asked to move, a little thought for them please.
I was gutted when I had to move my seat from the North to the South Stand after having the same seat for ten years to accommodate the Sports Bar. I am sure those who sat in the Premier felt the same way

A group of fans will sing a new chang over and over until it catches on. These days generally the chant is caught on camera so fans can quickly learn the words.
Is that it then? In this day and age I'd have thought there'd be more organisation to it than that, social media, bars before matches, etc.

Just interested really

Stopped reading at Roker end! Hideous decision to even give the option to name the stand that. They’ve done great the owners but they got that massively wrong.

Back