Mr Donald, please move the away fans back to the South Stand

If you look at Brighton they really look after the awsy fans, local beers, their owner said they want away fans to come back as its still revenue. I wonder how many away fans once they have been here, will think nect time im not going to sit miles away. I would put them in the family stand. I would also switch the gantry where the cameras are and have it facing the west stand

If they stay where they are there is the benefit that they can bring as many as they like and it's flexible, even if premier concourse back open for home fans you can still fit 6k of them in no bother. That's good from a financial point of view.

Bring them down and you then end up with some issues. The standard upper provision is 3k I think.

So if you make room for 3k then you clearly limit your ability to have 4k like Luton. So less income
Make provision for more and you end up with big gaps as even in premier League, often only 1k will come.

Mate the away fans are isolated and the SOL atmosphere is totally ruined as it is. They need moved back to the lower bowl. We killed the atmosphere by moving them up there.
I get your point. And don't disagree moving them could help. However, I personally think it would be madness and self defeating moving them to the south stand.

If you look at Brighton they really look after the awsy fans, local beers, their owner said they want away fans to come back as its still revenue. I wonder how many away fans once they have been here, will think nect time im not going to sit miles away. I would put them in the family stand. I would also switch the gantry where the cameras are and have it facing the west stand

Spot on

If they stay where they are there is the benefit that they can bring as many as they like and it's flexible, even if premier concourse back open for home fans you can still fit 6k of them in no bother. That's good from a financial point of view.

Bring them down and you then end up with some issues. The standard upper provision is 3k I think.

So if you make room for 3k then you clearly limit your ability to have 4k like Luton. So less income
Make provision for more and you end up with big gaps as even in premier League, often only 1k will come.
You could sell them by the block and make south stand cash turnstiles.

Or rather the Roker End as it is now called.

The atmosphere is crap. Move the away fans back to where they used to be to generate a proper atmosphere. Get the South West Corner bouncing again. Or better still...shift away fans into the family end of the South Stand and then we could have the SWC and section of South Stand to make more noise.

Martin O'Neil pushed for the away fans to move up a height to gain an advantage. Well it's done fuck all, we lost more home games than anyone else in the football league the last 3 or 4 seasons before this one and the atmosphere is shite.
Dont agree fella!It was ok when the awy end sold their full allocation but when they didnt the lack of supporters behind the goail looke terrible especially on tv.....the family end is not big enough to hold a full allocation.It will involve moving folk with season tickets and you know how easy that is ..............the best atmosphere is with the lower bowl full imho and two of the best atmospheres ive been at were the chelsea and everton games with far sat .........you dont have to be within spitting distance of the oposition to generate an atmosphere......or is that just you?

I'd put the away fans in the SWC or the southern part of the West Stand (like Selhurst, for example). So if there's not many on them it doesn't turn up on tv but still helps with atmosphere. I think putting them directly behind the goal helps them (but don't have any evidence to back that up...)

So we move fans from South Stand which has a hell of a lot more season ticket holders than the North Stand. Why not put away fans in the North Stand.

Spot on.

Aye that is an issue, am I right in thinking we were assigned opposite ends at Bradford one year? certain I remember being near the home fans, top left of the stand as you look towards their home end, plus the usual away end?? Could well be wrong, not suggesting we should do that just wondering if my memory is right

When teams like Burton and Accrington come with a few hundred fans, it looks absolutely shit with all the empty seats. The atmosphere was no better before, the problem is, we're not scoring enough goals and the fans in the "singing section" can't be arsed to chant.
Imagine 4,000 Luton fans next to the South Stand? Place would have been bouncing. Instead both sets of fans were silent. It's a bizarre situation.

The atmosphere is crap. Move the away fans back to where they used to be to generate a proper atmosphere. Get the South West Corner bouncing again. Or better still...shift away fans into the family end of the South Stand and then we could have the SWC and section of South Stand to make more noise.

Martin O'Neil pushed for the away fans to move up a height to gain an advantage. Well it's done fuck all, we lost more home games than anyone else in the football league the last 3 or 4 seasons before this one and the atmosphere is shite.
We didn’t need away fans to create an intimidating place to play at Roker Park . Why do we need them now?

South west corner was louder IMHO.
Maybe so mate, but that's irrelevant now. You might get there eventually but you can't just transplant the vocal part of the Roker End there or anywhere else, they'll be scattered here there and everywhere and it'll take a few years for a new vocal section to self-organise.

I think all of this is a bit irrelevant anyway, I think it's down to demographics, seating and the consumer mindset of the modern football goer. But just my opinion.

.. No way. We are quite settled there now .. My vote goes to moving the away fans to the SWC and moving them further into the North Stand ..

Back