Mr Donald, please move the away fans back to the South Stand

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by Caer_Urfa, Jan 13, 2019.

1. dred

dred Winger

You cant swap them round as you have the sports bar at the back, plus that would mean chasing fans who are already seated in the North Stand. I was sat at the back of the North Stand but had to move to the South Stand to accommodate the fans in the Sports Bar.

wigwams likes this.
  2. Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper Striker

That’s why if they ever get shifted back down the North West Corner probably makes the most sense to me. It’s right by where the away coaches park now (in fact it’s closer) so logistically it isn’t as big a change, and if a bigger allocation is needed in the cup or something you could also give them the North West Upper directly above.

Moving them back to the South Stand would be madness as you’d be breaking up the SWC and South Stand which is the loudest part of the stadium. They’ve made a decent effort to make it into a home end recently as well with the Roker End name and mural etc.

3. rubberface

rubberface Striker

Speak for yaself Gip lad, I sang me little heart out yesterday.

DH1 Mackem JN, Dilligaf60 and dred like this.
  4. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Midfield

A couple of reasons mate. Firstly, if we moved the away fans again, the police will insist the only safe location would be the south stand.

Secondly, cost. If the police agreed to move them to the NE corner, the club would have to spend quite a bit of money ensuring they have the necessary facilities; in addition to the demands of the police (cameras etc)

TubeStationAt12 likes this.
  5. dred

dred Winger

Spot on

6. rey mysterio

rey mysterio Midfield

Should put away fans in the south west corner and small part of the west stand wing

A similar move worked well at Elland Road

If they bring loads of fans give them a couple of blocks of the upper west stand as well.

DH1 Mackem JN likes this.
  7. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Midfield

NWC concourse is not big enough mate.

8. Caer_Urfa

Caer_Urfa Striker

I liked an earlier post Andy where a poster said about moving the gantry and all media to the east stand. Then we could stick away fans in SEC out of view of tv?

DH1 Mackem JN and andyj73 like this.
  9. andyj73

andyj73 Striker

.. Can you provide evidence for that cos I think it is bollox ..

10. OP sits in the north stand and makes no attempt at making some
    Noise imo

DH1 Mackem JN and Curry like this.
  11. andyj73

andyj73 Striker

.. Think they would be good wedged between the South Stand and the South West lot moved further in the North ..

12. Blyth_Pirate

Blyth_Pirate Central Defender

Aye maybe mate, that and the fact that wherever they are it will never be to the likng of everyone.

13. Barboza dh9

Barboza dh9 Winger

Come join the Posh lads in BCB

14. oddbod

oddbod Midfield

Please read fat sam ..for "far sat":oops::oops:

15. Blyth_Pirate

Blyth_Pirate Central Defender

Tell @Daffy to get me one mate, he can pick me up at Blyth anarl.

16. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Got nee songs anymore.

DH1 Mackem JN likes this.
  17. Aye, I mentioned that yesterday. I was in the south stand for a season, there's loads who like being there because it's the loudest bit of the ground but they don't realise that, if they aren't singing, they're making it worse. Imo we don't have enough chanters for it to work there, it was better in the smaller SWC because it seemed a bigger percentage actually joined in

SAFCftm1986 and DH1 Mackem JN like this.
  18. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Never lost to the mags since :cool:

DH1 Mackem JN and Daffy like this.
  19. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Midfield

The SEC is the family stand mate. The club won’t move families - especially given the fact that corner has been all done up

Zidane likes this.
  20. dred

dred Winger

And where would you put the fans from the centre of the South Stand?

DH1 Mackem JN and Dilligaf60 like this.