Mr Donald, please move the away fans back to the South Stand

Much difference in size to the other concourse areas? I know there’s that concrete wall blocking off the north stand concourse but the setup is the same in the South Stand with no access to the south west concourse. I’m probably over simplifying it as well but I’m guessing the concourse on that side of the ground would be easier to extend outwards as you’ve already got the walls of the west stand back there creating that sheltered bit between the lower tier walls and upper tier walls whereas around the east and south side of the ground you don’t have that.

It would need quite a bit of work mate which is likely to cost a fair bit. The facilities in the NWC are also limited so additional toilets and kiosks will need to be built - plus any upgrades the police require.

In addition, you have the corporate boxes behind which isn’t ideal for either the box holders or the police.

Of course on top of that, you have to relocate 3000 SC holders which will be a pain for the club.

The main problems are the league that we are in & the fact that we barely have any chants on the go that are more than 2 words.
Agree with the op. Current set up is a shambles. Away fans should be at ground level and our singing section should be North stand. Players currently run to the North Stand where the only noise comes from the away fans. There's also zero crack between the home and away fans which is shit

Agree about north stand. North stand is the proper home end. If we were good then it would have been good if North stand was the 'singing end' because then youve got the north and north upper.

Last edited by a moderator:
The atmosphere around the ground seems flat, it maybe because we're not exactly steam rolling the division as planned. Draws against some proper shit this year.

I don't agree with fans make the players try harder, score a few goals and hear the crowd go.

Leave the away fans where they are. They arent the issue, the issue is the amount of noise we make.
The atmosphere is dead before you even get in the ground. Outside Roker Park would have been jumping for a game like that on Saturday,
The trouble is we have forgotten how to get behind the team. Its not just about singing, its about everyone getting behind the players and making loads of noise.

Leave the away fans where they are. They arent the issue, the issue is the amount of noise we make.
The atmosphere is dead before you even get in the ground. Outside Roker Park would have been jumping for a game like that on Saturday,
The trouble is we have forgotten how to get behind the team. Its not just about singing, its about everyone getting behind the players and making loads of noise.
Worra load of absolute horse shite. Roker Park was quiet most games.

This. Supporters are supposed to backing the team. Not sure points will pick up because a few thousand are asking the away fans where they parked their mini bus.

As I said, strange how the North stand has remained a morgue. I thought it'd be class now the away fans have been moved there.

You've took every argument apart their mind.

Because its league one and against teams many of supporters expect us to scud.

It's coming across as if you'd prefer us losing but with a better atmosphere (even if it's from the away fans) here marra.
Your correct there is far to many just turning up expecting to blow teams away. Sitting on their hands and phones waiting for something to happen. Its up to us to get behind the team as soon as they come out. There were 34,000 of us in there on Saturday it was quite as owt. For god sake make some noise.

Imagine how bad the south stand would look with 100 burton fans on a Wednesday night.
Whe we first went to the SOL they would have just got the top block in the Right Hand corner of the South Stand looking from the pitch.
The home fans were then just fitted around them.

Worra load of absolute horse shite. Roker Park was quiet most games.
I was talkn about for a game like Luton.

Last edited:
Your correct there is far to many just turning up expecting to blow teams away. Sitting on their hands and phones waiting for something to happen. Its up to us to get behind the team as soon as they come out. There were 34,000 of us in there on Saturday it was quite as owt. For god sake make some noise.

Whe we first went to the SOL they would have just got the top block in the Right Hand corner of the South Stand looking from the pitch.
The home fans were then just fitted around them.

I was talkn about for a game like Luton.
Ah reet. Canny atmosphere where we were like.

This.

It should make no bloody difference where the away fans are.. all it takes for a good atmosphere is the home fans to make an effort.. The atmosphere was best in the SoL when it first opened when you had the main singers in the North Stand..

Back