Mr Beast - youtuber

Worryingly I told the kids we'll watch this tonight having seen this thread as they like him
He does a few different kinds of videos, some are better than others.

The reaction videos are so-so, nothing new. The game challenge ones are a bit dull but the boy likes them. The competitions are decent but it's the videos with the public that are best. The one where he opens a bank, or the car salesman one are a couple I like.

The reaction videos are so-so, nothing new. The game challenge ones are a bit dull but the boy likes them. The competitions are decent but it's the videos with the public that are best. The one where he opens a bank, or the car salesman one are a couple I like.
Reaction ones are aye. They had one on last night with his sidekick that was boring.

I've become a bit blasé to the kids just whacking YouTube on the main telly actually. Not sure how and when it happened. Might have to look for the public ones then.

I was looking up the Amp Squad ones they like the other day. Bunch of beautiful rich American kids who seem to have been put together almost like a pop band

Was he a millionaire before he started out on YouTube? He’s spent a fortune in all of his videos.
His first video was him sitting in his room, reading out number from one to million

hes made money from his videos, there’s a couple of great interviews on YouTube with Colin and Samir, they lad is very humble and is by no means personally rich as he gives most of it away. He talks about his model in depth

im sure he is comfortable but it’s heartwarming that he gives lots of money away

His first video was him sitting in his room, reading out number from one to million

hes made money from his videos, there’s a couple of great interviews on YouTube with Colin and Samir, they lad is very humble and is by no means personally rich as he gives most of it away. He talks about his model in depth

im sure he is comfortable but it’s heartwarming that he gives lots of money away
Yeah there's others have mentioned in the thread he makes plenty himself, but that's an easy way to dismiss the good things he does.

He's also used his profile to help initiatives to plant trees and clean up plastic from the sea when he could easily be sat on his arse counting his money.
I was looking up the Amp Squad ones they like the other day. Bunch of beautiful rich American kids who seem to have been put together almost like a pop band
Dunno if it's the same thing but the boy had one on with a load of people messing about round a pool then racing daft little cars. Was like a bunch who'd been put together in one house for the purpose of making videos for kids rather than mates messing about. There's money to be made so people will boil it down to a formula and suck the soul out of it.

Last edited:
Yeah there's others have mentioned in the thread he makes plenty himself, but that's an easy way to dismiss the good things he does.

He's also used his profile to help initiatives to plant trees and clean up plastic from the sea when he could easily be sat on his arse counting his money.

Dunno if it's the same thing but the boy had one on with a load of people messing about round a pool then racing daft little cars. Was like a bunch who'd been put together in one house for the purpose of making videos for kids rather than mates messing about. There's money to be made so people will boil it down to a formula and suck the soul out of it.
It possibly is. All impossibly good looking in nice houses with pools etc. Some of the vids are adequately amusing admittedly. It was something like described as a talent acquisition company, presumably snaffled up other YouTubers as an agency and shove em together. A billion views a month sticks in the mind. Dunno what that equates to in cash terms

Ita definitely a different era, asked my 7 year old what he wants to be when he grows up , answer was a 'youtuber', and thats alongside loving playing football at the minute

Ita definitely a different era, asked my 7 year old what he wants to be when he grows up , answer was a 'youtuber', and thats alongside loving playing football at the minute
I’d be over the moon if my son grew up to make money from being a youtuber.

Car sales one is brilliant. I think it has a huge effect on peoples lives. Way better than say giving a tv away.
I also like the one where he buys everything in a store and donates it to a food bank. The manager of the store had to tell him to leave half the items as the local community wouldn’t have anything left to eat. Still spent like $100k on food.
He also bought a load of clothes amd donated them. It’s them types I like. Feels like a real life changing moment for some.

Not a fan of the give someone 10 PS4’s for stacking them on top of each other. They’re pretty dull

Aye mines the same had to provide realistic encouragement (he’s 11) saying that you should aim high and anything is possible if you set your kind to it whilst cautioning that when I was young every lad wanted to be a footballer and whilst a lot of us played into our 20s / 30s I know only one lad who made a professional career out of it.

Back