MPs want to ban smoking outside of pubs

If that is the case, and I’m not totally sure I’ve read that, the vast majority agree with removing it from beer gardens. Therefore any argue you have is vastly outweighed and the majority want to go outside for a pint and not have to breath the shite coming out of your antisocial cancer stick.
But we live in a fair society - the wishes of the majority can’t just ride roughshod over the rights of a minority. Every reasonable proposal put forward by the smokers - separate areas, separate pubs, smoking rooms etc - is just shouted down by the anti smokers. who’s only solution seems to be “Ban them”, followed by some kind of abuse.

But we live in a fair society - the wishes of the majority can’t just ride roughshod over the rights of a minority. Every reasonable proposal put forward by the smokers - separate areas, separate pubs, smoking rooms etc - is just shouted down by the anti smokers. who’s only solution seems to be “Ban them”, followed by some kind of abuse.
But I know what's best for you, Dave. We can't let you make none state approved decisions. Next you'll want to drive your own car or eat unhealthy food. This will not be permitted in our new utopia.

We don't live in a fair society. The very nature of democracy means that the wishes of the majority ride roughshod over the rights of the minority. If you have a habit that is repulsive and harmful to others around you then you should find yourself marginalised. Of course you have a right to kill yourself with fags but if you choose to exercise that right it shouldn't come at the expense or inconvience of anyone other than yourself.

I agree that there’s double standards from the gov when it comes to smoking. They clearly don’t fully want people to stop as it brings in a lot of money for them. If it was really a strain on the NHS they wouldn’t just lob the tax up.

It is a strain on the NHS. I don’t think they turn a profit from it but they can’t ban it either without a fuck load of hassle and grief

You don’t have an inalienable right to smoke

We do, and it's not fair for people to be unable to sit outside a pub, or those working there going glass collecting without breathing the crap coming out of your antisocial sticks. I'm not saying ban it, that would be counter productive, just have a hut or something as the only place its allowed. I wouldn't have a problem with it if you could do it in a bubble, it's the second hand stuff that I hate.

I noticed down the Roker you’re not supposed to smoke on the terrace. You have to walk round the side into the car park. But then you can just lean back in over the fence to talk to your group. Or just ignore it and smoke where you are like some people were. Must say like, these outdoor sessions are doubling the amount I smoke.

I noticed down the Roker you’re not supposed to smoke on the terrace. You have to walk round the side into the car park. But then you can just lean back in over the fence to talk to your group. Or just ignore it and smoke where you are like some people were. Must say like, these outdoor sessions are doubling the amount I smoke.

Do you still consider yourself a non smoker?

Back