Moyes poll

Should the club?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would we really want any manager who was mad enough to apply for the job if we got rid? What sticks tiny throat is the comments from Short when Moyes was signed that he had been chasing him for years. If that was true in August why hasn't he backed him in January?
Maybe because he back him in the summer and that went on shit.

Also managing isn't just about spending money and signing players. It's about coaching, organisation, having the right team mentality and spirit. Also developing and bring players on.

Moyes just hasn't lived up to the billing and looks a shadow of the manager of those Everton days

The alternative was worse - the squad was absolutely gutted. Papy might not be the best centre back, but there was a period he and Kone were solid and were helping the club get good points. Similarly without N'Dong the midfield would be even more bereft. Can hardly rely on Kirchoff.

Of course he deserves his share of the blame for the transfer business. On the other hand the mitigating circumstances should be taken into account, and he should be given at least a chance to correct the squad with some of his own signings.

His own signings? McNair, Love and Januzaj. All currently shit at this level and all played under Moyes, all signed by Moyes. Pienaar, finished and signed by Moyes. 4 out of 10 purely down to Moyes.

I give up. It's one half arsed excuse after f***ing excuse.

His players can't get the basics right, you know like set pieces. The things you can work on in training but that's not Moyes fault either.

This bloke is a joke and when the penny finally drops there's going to be a lot of red faces on here.

His own signings? McNair, Love and Januzaj. All currently shit at this level and all played under Moyes, all signed by Moyes. Pienaar, finished and signed by Moyes. 4 out of 10 purely down to Moyes.

I give up. It's one half arsed excuse after f***ing excuse.

His players can't get the basics right, you know like set pieces. The things you can work on in training but that's not Moyes fault either.

This bloke is a joke and when the penny finally drops there's going to be a lot of red faces on here.
Set pieces require organisation and team understanding - the club has barely been able to put out the same 11 all season due to injuries, ACON call-ups etc.

I do not know this for a fact, however it has been stated on here many times that McNair and Love had also been tracked by the club, with Moyes giving his approval on the basis of them being players for the future. While he may have seen them during his brief tenure as Man Utd manager, I doubt he knew them intimately as they were in the youth set-up.

You of course have a point with Januzaj - he has to do more. Little flashes are not enough to justify his place.

There is a midway, more realistic point, between everything is Moyes' fault, and the other extreme of him being blameless for everything going wrong on the pitch.

Set pieces require organisation and team understanding - the club has barely been able to put out the same 11 all season due to injuries, ACON call-ups etc.

I do not know this for a fact, however it has been stated on here many times that McNair and Love had also been tracked by the club, with Moyes giving his approval on the basis of them being players for the future. While he may have seen them during his brief tenure as Man Utd manager, I doubt he knew them intimately as they were in the youth set-up.

You of course have a point with Januzaj - he has to do more. Little flashes are not enough to justify his place.

There is a midway, more realistic point, between everything is Moyes' fault, and the other extreme of him being blameless for everything going wrong on the pitch.

So what you're saying is David Moyes spent a year at Man Utd but didn't know about 2 of his own clubs youth team players who were on the fringes of the first team? :)

Your making quite frankly ridiculous excuses for the bloke. Decent managers regularly watch junior football at their club, arrange full games in training and have kids training with the first team.

What you're saying is David Moyes didn't do any of this so was unaware of his own squad? You make him sound either incompetent or like Stevie Wonder.

I can't vote because we are in such a mess that it won't make any difference, I have friends, very long time supporters, who tell me that they just don't care anymore, I feel the same. I doubt that there will be any miracles from Moyse or anyone else.

"accept relegation"?

what are they supposed to do, organise a woman's rally through keel square to protest at the unfairness of the points system in the premier league?

The only reasons I'm hearing in keeping Moyes is to go down so he can build the club to come back up. So back to my question the 63% are they accepting relegation?

The only reasons I'm hearing in keeping Moyes is to go down so he can build the club to come back up. So back to my question the 63% are they accepting relegation?
Imagine a club built by David Moyes . . . just when you thought it couldn't get any worse

Relegation is not something for fans to 'accept' or 'reject'. It is something which will happen this season (regardless of who is manager) because of the culmination of years of shite decisions, the vast majority of which have nothing to do with Moyes. And the fact that Moyes is having to scratch around looking for 37 year old strikers and 34 year old defenders who are finished, when we only have 12 fit outfield players for a recent match, shows that he isn't being given a chance to avoid relegation. Sacking Moyes would achieve nothing.

So what you're saying is David Moyes spent a year at Man Utd but didn't know about 2 of his own clubs youth team players who were on the fringes of the first team? :)

Your making quite frankly ridiculous excuses for the bloke. Decent managers regularly watch junior football at their club, arrange full games in training and have kids training with the first team.

What you're saying is David Moyes didn't do any of this so was unaware of his own squad? You make him sound either incompetent or like Stevie Wonder.
He would know more about McNair than Love - I doubt 18-year-old Love on the 'verge of the first team'

Given how short his tenure was, I doubt he would have any sort of in depth knowledge of the youth products. he had plenty on his plate assessing the first team squad, etc. Of course he would know their names, what the youth coaches though of them, but it is unlikely he was particularly familiar with them.

McNair only made his first team debut under Van Gaal in September 2014 due to injuries (somewhat like Honeyman), while Love made his in February 2016. He only signed a pro contract in Moyes year.

Manchester United is a very different kettle of fish from an average team. You really think Ibrahimovic and Wayne Rooney are training with youth players........

Relegation is not something for fans to 'accept' or 'reject'. It is something which will happen this season (regardless of who is manager) because of the culmination of years of shite decisions, the vast majority of which have nothing to do with Moyes. And the fact that Moyes is having to scratch around looking for 37 year old strikers and 34 year old defenders who are finished, when we only have 12 fit outfield players for a recent match, shows that he isn't being given a chance to avoid relegation. Sacking Moyes would achieve nothing.
With Moyes in charge we are going down. However it's not an hopeless situation a new man could come in and breath new life into the squad and give us a real chance of getting out of it.

Looking like a Moyes victory.
Relegation looms

Last edited:
Spot on, although I'd say I 'accept' we will probably be relegated. I can't see what's a crime about that. It's just the acceptance of a big probability.

Done to death that man

With Moyes in charge we are going down. However it's not an hopeless situation a new man could come in and breath new life into the squad and give us a real chance of getting out of it.

Relegation looms
Who would you give the job to though?

I'm fascinated to know which tactical and managerial genius is coming to charging over the brow of the hill on his white steed and turn our lot into survivors........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back