Moyes poll

Should the club?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When BSA came in he was doing pretty badly but he was allowed to spend in the January window - every one of our managers has had that chance. Moyes is a few points off safety and if he could buy as BSA did when he got Kone, Kirchoff and Khazri this could make all the difference as it did with Allardyce. If we dont give him that chance then I would say he has not been backed and allowed to do the job. Off field commercial failure has contributed massively to our current loss situation and the lack of funds to bring in the quality we need. The problem at this club is not Moyes - every manager has struggled here, I think Allardyce said it was the hardest job he'd had.
The problem is Moyes he has admitted the team cannot get the basics right question who coaches them him or that knacker Bracewell? It does not matter who because ultimately he is the manager and must take full responsibility.

It would be churlish to say he wasn't a decent manager at Everton however he was there a long time and won nothing. Joe Royal, wasn't recognised as a top manager but won an fa cup in the late 90s iirc. A lot of Everton fans thought Moyes was far too negative. He divided opinion marra. I'm worried about his man management skills and his buying. I hope if he stays he keeps us up. Fuck going down and regrouping.

OOH you copycat bitch young neddy seagoon.

Mousey mag's multiple log ins bashing tha mouses' plus all those under cover mags larfing their huge tits off.

Mag

where's little jonny gone?

Went scuttling off having been humiliated.

Not peanuts when you break your transfer record.

One on the biggest problems over the years is our big buys haven't worked out. Lens, Fletcher, Rodwell, Johnson (to an extent) and now NDong. We as a club can't afford to spend big money on players and for them not to be a success.

Johnson was a fantastic signing. His stats speak for themselves. Suppose the end wasnt ideal mind.

Mousey mag back, which log in is this one?

dangermows you stupid get :lol:

Last edited:
Would we really want any manager who was mad enough to apply for the job if we got rid? What sticks tiny throat is the comments from Short when Moyes was signed that he had been chasing him for years. If that was true in August why hasn't he backed him in January?

It would be churlish to say he wasn't a decent manager at Everton however he was there a long time and won nothing. Joe Royal, wasn't recognised as a top manager but won an fa cup in the late 90s iirc. A lot of Everton fans thought Moyes was far too negative. He divided opinion marra. I'm worried about his man management skills and his buying. I hope if he stays he keeps us up. Fuck going down and regrouping.

OOH you copycat bitch young neddy seagoon.

Mousey mag's multiple log ins bashing tha mouses' plus all those under cover mags larfing their huge tits off.
Aye - but Joe Royal took them backwards big time after that. His long ball tactics were unpopular, though he was insulated from criticism to a degree as he was a legend there.

He did divide opinion, but those who bring up stuff like his boring style of play, etc, are discounting the great football they played at the end of his reign. They played very good football with Arteta pulling the strings - I think it was his injury that stopped them from winning the UEFA Cup if I remember correctly. His big problem was they could not afford a top class striker to finish off the team. He had a few good punts, most notably Yakubyu, but then he got a bad injury. Louis Saha was good as well, but not quite top drawer.

I mean, he was criticised for not being able to get over the final hurdle and win a cup. But he did get to a cup final and then lost narrowly to a powerful Chelsea team. There was also that cup semi loss to Liverpool which is used to slam him, but while they were perhaps too negative in that game, you have to remember Liverpool had a higher quality of player.

Most sensible Evertonians remember him as doing a very good job under trying circumstances, and that he bequeated a legacy that was squandered by Martinez, after a sterling first season. They gradually lost the defensive solidity that was the identity of the team, and their results took a drastic nosedive.

Aye - but Joe Royal took them backwards big time after that. His long ball tactics were unpopular, though he was insulated from criticism to a degree as he was a legend there.

He did divide opinion, but those who bring up stuff like his boring style of play, etc, are discounting the great football they played at the end of his reign. They played very good football with Arteta pulling the strings - I think it was his injury that stopped them from winning the UEFA Cup if I remember correctly. His big problem was they could not afford a top class striker to finish off the team. He had a few good punts, most notably Yakubyu, but then he got a bad injury. Louis Saha was good as well, but not quite top drawer.

I mean, he was criticised for not being able to get over the final hurdle and win a cup. But he did get to a cup final and then lost narrowly to a powerful Chelsea team. There was also that cup semi loss to Liverpool which is used to slam him, but while they were perhaps too negative in that game, you have to remember Liverpool had a higher quality of player.

Most sensible Evertonians remember him as doing a very good job under trying circumstances, and that he bequeated a legacy that was squandered by Martinez, after a sterling first season. They gradually lost the defensive solidity that was the identity of the team, and their results took a drastic nosedive.
Fair enough marra but I can only comment on how he's managed here really because I've seen how bad we've been. I really wanted him to succeed. Somebody pointed out that I said we'd be out the bottom 3 after xmas. :lol: Wishful thinking, I now think he won't turn things round but hope he proves me wrong. Lot's of transfer talk so hopefully he gets it right this time.

Fair enough marra but I can only comment on how he's managed here really because I've seen how bad we've been. I really wanted him to succeed. Somebody pointed out that I said we'd be out the bottom 3 after xmas. :lol: Wishful thinking, I now think he won't turn things round but hope he proves me wrong. Lot's of transfer talk so hopefully he gets it right this time.
I understand why he gets walloped by the signings in the summer, but I do not think the majority of the players that came in were 'Moyes signings.'

When he gets the chance to scout players he has an eye for a player, but at the same time the club is not really shopping in a cast iron market for quality. Losing PVA might be a risk worth taking as he is woeful defensively, which should really be his bread and butter. The defense that he chips in with vital goals does not really cut mustard with me, as he in his position that should only ever be a bonus and not a rationale for keeping a left back!

As an offensive threat I prefer a left back who whips in good balls for the striker, rather than him trying to be a striker!

I understand why he gets walloped by the signings in the summer, but I do not think the majority of the players that came in were 'Moyes signings.'

When he gets the chance to scout players he has an eye for a player, but at the same time the club is not really shopping in a cast iron market for quality. Losing PVA might be a risk worth taking as he is woeful defensively, which should really be his bread and butter. The defense that he chips in with vital goals does not really cut mustard with me, as he in his position that should only ever be a bonus and not a rationale for keeping a left back!

As an offensive threat I prefer a left back who whips in good balls for the striker, rather than him trying to be a striker!

Please stop peddling this 'not Moyes signings' absolute bullshit.

We didn't have a DoF or a head of recruitment at the time. We had a manager, in postion in late July with the window shutting 5 weeks later.

Any manager is judged by his signings. As a manger of over 20 years standing Moyes knows this and he is getting paid a couple a million a season to make sure he gets it right.

It was 100% Moyes responsibly to manage his transfer budget. If he couldn't be bothered to do the donkey work and trusted others that is entirely down to Moyes' poor judgement, the buck stops with him.

Please stop peddling this 'not Moyes signings' absolute bullshit.

We didn't have a DoF or a head of recruitment at the time. We had a manager, in postion in late July with the window shutting 5 weeks later.

Any manager is judged by his signings. As a manger of over 20 years standing Moyes knows this and he is getting paid a couple a million a season to make sure he gets it right.

It was 100% Moyes responsibly to manage his transfer budget. If he couldn't be bothered to do the donkey work and trusted others that is entirely down to Moyes' poor judgement, the buck stops with him.
Aye - off season is a great time to scout players like....

You can argue all you like - the club is reported in national newspapers as having been chasing Papy for years, N'Dong was recommended by the same scouting network that found Kone and Khazri.

Aye - off season is a great time to scout players like....

You can argue all you like - the club is reported in national newspapers as having been chasing Papy for years, N'Dong was recommended by the same scouting network that found Kone and Khazri.

But Moyes rubber stamped these terrible deals FFS. Nobody else is to blame, it's his job to manage the budget and get decent deals done. Not Short, not Bracewell, not the bloke who mows the grass.

Moyes is a vastly experienced manager who has managed in 2 countries, has been involved in various European competitions, has worked alongside numerous coaches, agents and personally knows lots of other managers both in and out of work. That's why he got the job. He still got it spectacularly wrong.

The summer transfer debacle is his fault. He made some serious errors of judgement. When it goes right you take the plaudits, when it fucks up he must take the brick bats.

But Moyes rubber stamped these terrible deals FFS. Nobody else is to blame, it's his job to manage the budget and get decent deals done. Not Short, not Bracewell, not the bloke who mows the grass.

Moyes is a vastly experienced manager who has managed in 2 countries, has been involved in various European competitions, has worked alongside numerous coaches, agents and personally knows lots of other managers both in and out of work. That's why he got the job. He still got it spectacularly wrong.

The summer transfer debacle is his fault. When it goes right you take the plaudits, when it fucks up he must take the brick bats.
The alternative was worse - the squad was absolutely gutted. Papy might not be the best centre back, but there was a period he and Kone were solid and were helping the club get good points. Similarly without N'Dong the midfield would be even more bereft. Can hardly rely on Kirchoff.

Of course he deserves his share of the blame for the transfer business. On the other hand the mitigating circumstances should be taken into account, and he should be given at least a chance to correct the squad with some of his own signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back