Moyes poll

Should the club?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the crux of the problem. Making such a loss is down to Short's stupid appointments such as Maggie Byrne who was a 31 year old solicitor appointed CEO of a multimillion pound business or Gary Hutchinson as Commercial Director when his only experience was running the club restaurant. Its amazing that such a successful business man could trust this investment to such inexperienced and inappropriate staff. It seems like Bain is, at last, a decent appointment. However, Short wants to sell the club - we can't force him out as he needs a buyer first. Until then we are, effectively, in limbo. Sacking the manager would be a pointless activity.

I've got no idea of the workings of Hutchinson and what effect that has had. I would guess zero on the playing side of things. With Byrne, Quinny raved about her when he was here. I was at a talk in with him and Bruce and they said she was great. It's easy from a far to critique. We only know what gets released.

With what effects the manager is don't see Short picking the team ahead of any manager, I don't any players being sold behind the managers back and he has always given money to the managers to spend.

It's all about opinions but I don't all the excuses which have been given for Moyes

We could argue those appointments were bad, but I'm not sure how they can be blamed for a succession of managers wasting millions in the transfer market, which is the real reason for the losses.
I think the fact that we are bottom of the commercial income table is a big part of our losses - even Swansea or Watford make more from their commercial activities than us. I think the waste in the transfer market is due to the revolving door of managers. Additionally, we dont negotiate very well - we've always undersold - compare us to Newcastle getting £30M for the awful Sissoko. If we had had a decent Chief Executive advising Short or running the club we would not have wasted as much in the transfer market or had as many managers.

I've got no idea of the workings of Hutchinson and what effect that has had. I would guess zero on the playing side of things. With Byrne, Quinny raved about her when he was here. I was at a talk in with him and Bruce and they said she was great. It's easy from a far to critique. We only know what gets released.

With what effects the manager is don't see Short picking the team ahead of any manager, I don't any players being sold behind the managers back and he has always given money to the managers to spend.

It's all about opinions but I don't all the excuses which have been given for Moyes
As below - if Swansea and Watford are making more from the commercial income than us - when we get double their crowds etc then its worth suggesting Hutchinson didn't do a good job. As for the Chief Executive it is the key role. We have been rubbish for a lot longer than Moyes's tenure.

As below - if Swansea and Watford are making more from the commercial income than us - when we get double their crowds etc then its worth suggesting Hutchinson didn't do a good job. As for the Chief Executive it is the key role. We have been rubbish for a lot longer than Moyes's tenure.
Off field commercial success does not concern me. What does is our success on the feild. Moyes is failing badly.

Honestly I'd love Moyes to be a success but he has shown nowt to suggest he will.

I know injuries haven't helped but even things like set pieces are a shambles. Basic organisation and even a style of play. These are all basic stuff.

There was loads of noise from Moyes and Bain about identity. What is this identity because I'm not seeing anything on the pitch

Last edited:
Off field commercial success does not concern me. What does is our success on the feild. Moyes is failing badly.
When BSA came in he was doing pretty badly but he was allowed to spend in the January window - every one of our managers has had that chance. Moyes is a few points off safety and if he could buy as BSA did when he got Kone, Kirchoff and Khazri this could make all the difference as it did with Allardyce. If we dont give him that chance then I would say he has not been backed and allowed to do the job. Off field commercial failure has contributed massively to our current loss situation and the lack of funds to bring in the quality we need. The problem at this club is not Moyes - every manager has struggled here, I think Allardyce said it was the hardest job he'd had.

I think the fact that we are bottom of the commercial income table is a big part of our losses - even Swansea or Watford make more from their commercial activities than us. I think the waste in the transfer market is due to the revolving door of managers. Additionally, we dont negotiate very well - we've always undersold - compare us to Newcastle getting £30M for the awful Sissoko. If we had had a decent Chief Executive advising Short or running the club we would not have wasted as much in the transfer market or had as many managers.

I don't - we are taking a few million here and there, and it also depends on what you class as "commercial income". Swansea's is listed as "Commercial & other £11m", Sunderland's listed as "Conference & catering £9m; Retail & commerical £2m" so the same according to this source:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ue-finances-club-by-club-breakdown-david-conn

Anyway, the bottom line is our losses are down to appalling transfers that leave for much less or nothing, and high wages. I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

Off field commercial failure has contributed massively to our current loss situation and the lack of funds to bring in the quality we need.
It hasn't like.

When BSA came in he was doing pretty badly but he was allowed to spend in the January window - every one of our managers has had that chance. Moyes is a few points off safety and if he could buy as BSA did when he got Kone, Kirchoff and Khazri this could make all the difference as it did with Allardyce. If we dont give him that chance then I would say he has not been backed and allowed to do the job. Off field commercial failure has contributed massively to our current loss situation and the lack of funds to bring in the quality we need. The problem at this club is not Moyes - every manager has struggled here, I think Allardyce said it was the hardest job he'd had.
He signed 10 players in the summer and spent approx £30m

Walter Smith had them in a relegation dog fight and a team full of over the hill pros - Paul Gascoigne, Ginola etc. Second season had them finish near the top.

It was the third season (Rooney's breakthrough year) he was almost relegated. But HIS signing Tim Cahill came back from injury and they finished safe. Also ended Arsenals run I think with that Rooney wondergoal.

Following season they sold Rooney, he invested the cash and got them into the Champion's League. Then UEFA stiffed em.
It would be churlish to say he wasn't a decent manager at Everton however he was there a long time and won nothing. Joe Royal, wasn't recognised as a top manager but won an fa cup in the late 90s iirc. A lot of Everton fans thought Moyes was far too negative. He divided opinion marra. I'm worried about his man management skills and his buying. I hope if he stays he keeps us up. Fuck going down and regrouping.

where's little jonny gone?
OOH you copycat bitch young neddy seagoon.

Hey Ricky! You're so fine! You're so fine, you blow my mind! Hey Ricky! Hey Ricky!

Won't be long until 50% of fans say keep him til the end of the season :cool:
Mousey mag's multiple log ins bashing tha mouses' plus all those under cover mags larfing their huge tits off.

Last edited:

Byrne was appointed as a director before Short came in. When Short took over the entire board resigned (Quinn, Walton, Callaghan and Byrne); Short and Anderson were appointed directors that day (31 January 2011). Byrne was reappointed on 20 February 2011 - as the only executive director she therefore became de facto CEO. Clearly, someone rated Byrne as better to take the club forward than Walton. Whether this was Short's idea (were there interviews?), or that was Quinn's parting advice, we'll never know.

So peanuts then.

Not peanuts when you break your transfer record.

One on the biggest problems over the years is our big buys haven't worked out. Lens, Fletcher, Rodwell, Johnson (to an extent) and now NDong. We as a club can't afford to spend big money on players and for them not to be a success.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back