Moyes needs much more time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never liked watching his Everton sides, and the only real reason people can give for sticking with him is look what he did at Everton. Or we shouldn't be sacking him as we ll look daft. He's shown no signs of replicating what he did at Everton. In the space of a couple of months he's managed to ruin the work of Allardyce. 3 f***ing players of a decent standard would of seen us as a useful side. His Everton side was hard to watch but it was also hard to beat. He's turned us into an absolute push over. The players aren't playing for him and he looks as Cluless as the new Derby manager did last season. If we get to 10 games and it's still as bad and there's no wins, as much as I don't like us continually sacking managers I really wouldn't be arsed if we got shot. A lot of this is his own doing.

I've said a few games back. I'll judge Moyes on these 4 games (Palace, WBA, Stoke and West Ham)

We are 3 down and we've taken 1 point from a possible 9 and the performances have been poor.

For some reason people say we should stick back him, I don't know why. We've changed managers in every one of our last 5 seasons and still survived, I think we could do it now.

I'm not saying we should stick with him blindly, but how many games is it fair to give someone before sacking them, he's only had eight games and a large proportion of his first team squad is out injured.

I think you have to take each situation on its merits.

For example, as has been pointed out earlier in the thread Allardyce lost 8 of his first 11 but I was always banging the drum on here that we should do whatever it took to keep him as it was clear what he was trying to do and implement. It was really no surprise when things turned as it was coming.

I really don't see anything of the sort from Moyes despite him having spent £30m and playing the likes of Boro, Palace and West Brom at home. For me, there is literally not one positive.

Why should we blindly sack him. Moyes was my choice, the first managerial appointment I have ever been excited about and felt he fitted us perfectly but ill admit it has been an absolute car crash thus far and he certainly hasn't helped himself.

But where does it end? The squad isn't very good and can only be changed through time, would it not be prudent to keep the same manager, one with fine pedigree 4 years to change it top to bottom?

Should we sack him now, after 8 games, no one decent will touch us and rightly so. Well get someone shit and have to change again 6 months down the line. He's got it wrong short term but still at this point I don't think there is anyone better for long term.

We're going to have to take our medicine at some point. Stinking out the league for years. The question is how many managers we'll still have on the payroll when the inevitable happens.

That's not a defence of Moyes by the way. However, as with all sackings, we have to consider what happens afterwards.

Many people seem to think if you stick with a manager, he's guaranteed to turn into the next Alex Ferguson eventually.

Because he is seen as the solution to the owners plans of recovering investment before he thins out, unfortunately this will not be communicated to the fans who turn up thinking we may compete in a few games, and maybe even dare to win.

Participation in this league has long been pointless, and is now futile to the extreme.

We are in actual fact a fantastic football club, and we have knowledgeable and committed support, but this means fuck all if those at the helm have no vision, and are clueless.

It is an absolute f***ing shocker, and actuall embarrassing that we are seen to be doing this shit again, we are Sunderland, lets f***ing compete.

Moyes is a defeatist, dour, and unispiring gaffer. Get them geed up for fucks sake, if we are this shit go wimbledon and fuck em up.
No we dont. We're becoming as fickle as the mags and people wanting a manager sacked after 7 games is mind boggling.

But where does it end? The squad isn't very good and can only be changed through time, would it not be prudent to keep the same manager, one with fine pedigree 4 years to change it top to bottom?

Based on Moyes' transfer business so far, in which he has essentially turned £30m into smoke, how could you have any trust that he's the right man to change a squad over time? On the evidence at our disposal, how could you give him any money to spend again?

I guess it's because he has been about the most successful at doing what we really need someone to do. Unfortunately that feels like a long time ago now.

Not just Moyes but any manager.

I see plenty of comment both on here and elsewhere that at some stage we are going to have to stick with a manager and give him time to build.

Despite what some think, this is not a guarantee of success! Just because we decide to stick with someone doesn't mean that all of a sudden one day things will click. It can just as easily (and much more likely) get far worse and never get better.

Do you think Moyes would stay if a better job came along? The answer is no f***ing chance. So why should we blindly stay loyal for the sake of it?

We shouldn't.
But the lack of credible replacements is always going to be a problem.
We've got away with it for the past 4/5 seasons; maybe our luck is about to run out.
I'd stick with DM, even through relegation , and give him the chance to carry out a root-and-branch overhaul of the footballing side of the club.
That's all he can do; "other issues" are out of his control.

No we dont. We're becoming as fickle as the mags and people wanting a manager sacked after 7 games is mind boggling.

Any examples of there being such a big demand for sacking a manager from Newcastle fans after seven games to the extent there is for Moyes?

It's irrelevant how long he has been manager for IMO. There is a big myth perpetuated by football people that give a manager time and he will get things right, some managers would take a club like Sunderland into the Conference if they were give a 20 year contract.

The big questions are:

1) Does he have a plan that will see the club playing a certain way in the future and is he taking the first steps to that path?
2) How much of a say has he had in recruitment and are those players good enough or are going to be good enough to reach the level he desires?

He has to have a plan and not just be reactionary.

Based on Moyes' transfer business so far, in which he has essentially turned £30m into smoke, how could you have any trust that he's the right man to change a squad over time? On the evidence at our disposal, how could you give him any money to spend again?

I understand what you're saying, he got it badly wrong and I don't buy the "had the short space of time stuff". I think were badly hamstrung by our wages, especially those that are on top wages not being good enough and are currently injured, his buys reflect this as despite the transfer prices, none of them will be are on top wages at the club.

He got it wrong but I feel as if he has as good a chance as anyone getting it right in the future.

Not just Moyes but any manager.

I see plenty of comment both on here and elsewhere that at some stage we are going to have to stick with a manager and give him time to build.

Despite what some think, this is not a guarantee of success! Just because we decide to stick with someone doesn't mean that all of a sudden one day things will click. It can just as easily (and much more likely) get far worse and never get better.

Do you think Moyes would stay if a better job came along? The answer is no f***ing chance. So why should we blindly stay loyal for the sake of it?
You might have something. From now on one year deals only for all staff and players. No more sitting on contracts and wholesale changes every year getting rid of the deadwood.

It's the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back