Moyes interview in Sun lol

"By then Moyes was so keen to stay, he had already drawn up a hit-list of players to take them even higher, and was ready to sit down and discuss a permanent contract with the owners.

Instead, when his phone rang the next day, it was David Sullivan thanking him — but explaining they were going to go with other options."

Peinnar, Gibson and Anichibe were already lined up then

He was probably the worst manager who has survived an entire season I can remember, literally awful with very little if anything got right during his tenure.
Likely he only got kept on because we couldn't afford to sack the bloody knacker mid season

Never disliked a Sunderland manager as much as him. The job he did here was nothing short of scandalous. Yeah, we had a limited squad but the tame surrender was down to him. His arrogance and aloofness alienated players and supporters before he even properly started, he loaded the squad with has beens he'd worked with before and by the time he resigned (he shouldn't have been given the pleasure) he had sucked the enthusiasm out of almost an entire city let alone football club.

I think it will take a good while for a lot of supporters to entirely recover from his disastrous spell in charge. He has earned his fortune. I wish him nothing but failure in his footballing career.

"By then Moyes was so keen to stay, he had already drawn up a hit-list of players to take them even higher, and was ready to sit down and discuss a permanent contract with the owners.

Instead, when his phone rang the next day, it was David Sullivan thanking him — but explaining they were going to go with other options."

Peinnar, Gibson and Anichibe were already lined up then
I dread to think what we paid them in wages when you add in Lescott. He certainly topped his ex players pensions pots up at our clubs expense. So much for so little though.

Took train to new jersey US match this past week to 'be seen' for the US job...

FA pres made a point to say he interviewed nee one for the job during the international break.

How can such an elite manager be passed over without a thought??

I dread to think what we paid them in wages when you add in Lescott. He certainly topped his ex players pensions pots up at our clubs expense. So much for so little though.

So clear after the relegation comments and once he signed pienaar and Lescott that he couldn't give a rat's ass and it was pocket liners / jobs for the boys time... The fact that Short and Bain kept him through the end of the season was diabolical.

Last edited:
Took train to new jersey US match this past week to 'be seen' for the US job...

FA pres made a point to say he interviewed nee one for the job during the international break.

How can such an elite manager be passed over without a thought??

So clear after the relegation comments and once he signed pienaar and Lescott that he couldn't give a rat's ass and it was pocket liners / jobs for the boys time... The fact that Short and Bain kept him through the end of the season was diabolical.
Even after loosing BSA we could and should have pushed on that summer. I was pleased when Moyes was appointed but like MON he was a busted flush by the time he got here. We werent getting the Moyes that went to Everton.

Hopefully we have JR at the right time in his career.

I heard an interesting but perhaps predictable insight into Moyes thinking these days: he said to another former manager recently that he never gives the youth players a second thought as he probably won't be at any one club more than a few months and there's no time or incentive to try developing them.

Self confidence / delusion

That goes well beyond natural self-confidence or positive thinking. It's delusion and self-denial of his failings. The simple fact is that he's effectively been sacked (relinquished of his duties, if you like) from his past four jobs.

His last success is in another era, football-wise. If I was a chairman or director of football, I'd think he's a conceited dinosaur living on a past success and the recommendation of a famous friend.

Back