Mowbray should be sacked based on the 2nd half

I thought we did well to be 2-0 up at half time. We diminished our threat down the left by playing Clarke through the middle, the threat down the right was removed with the Roberts injury, and with Clarke in the middle, even though he may be our option, he isnt very good there. Stick with them lads, get our injured players back and watch us go

It's absurd to say the man who changed the team at Reading and won 3-0, or changed the team at Watford and earned a draw, or changed the team against Wigan and came from behind to win, should be sacked on the basis of one half of football against the best attack in the league when he's without possibly six first teamers.
Agreed.

Mowbray's experienced enough to ignore football message boards, let alone read the comments of people who would struggle with instructions on how to operate a torch.

No Sunderland fan would have enjoyed the weekend's football. These things happen. We're not in the relegation zone, nor does it look like we will be this season.

Blackburn Rovers fan here … in peace!
We “ suffered “ from 5 years of inept tactics, constant blaming of young players , players shockingly out of position , miserable depressing face , morale in the floor, the most shocking half time talks ever .. I was delighted with his departure from Ewood… I do believe him to be a decent bloke …. Just not a football manager.. hope your chief executive pulls the trigger faster than our did … all the best for the season

f***ing christ, missed this thread the other day. Absolutely embarrasing. Modern football fans are absolutely nuts. Every time we lose a game theres a full on inquest into whos to blame etc. Some games we'll lose because we were shit, others because we were unlucky, sometimes we'll get played off the park, but thats football and we will lose games. We're heading in the right direction with a young and exciting squad which currently has a lot of injuries. I said before the season started that we can't turn on a young squad at the first sign of trouble. We've had a wobble, we'll be fine.

How van you sack a manager on a 2nd half performance? Absolutely stupid post. We were winning 2-0. Why change everything at half time? The early goal done us & they had momentum & turned it on. Yes Mowbray should have changed it at 2-1 bit to want him out after 1 half of football is cringeworthy. I'll judge him at the end of the season once our big players are back.

We “ suffered “ from 5 years of inept tactics, constant blaming of young players , players shockingly out of position , miserable depressing face , morale in the floor, the most shocking half time talks ever .. I was delighted with his departure from Ewood… I do believe him to be a decent bloke …. Just not a football manager.. hope your chief executive pulls the trigger faster than our did … all the best for the season
Ahhh Bisto

How van you sack a manager on a 2nd half performance? Absolutely stupid post. We were winning 2-0. Why change everything at half time? The early goal done us & they had momentum & turned it on. Yes Mowbray should have changed it at 2-1 bit to want him out after 1 half of football is cringeworthy. I'll judge him at the end of the season once our big players are back.
My only criticism is that it was inevitable that Burnley were going to go for it in the second half. Putting another defender on should have been considered. Mowbray was an observer second half whilst Kompany showed his tactical abilities to change the game.

Ahhh Bisto
Don't be an imbecile.
I thought we did well to be 2-0 up at half time. We diminished our threat down the left by playing Clarke through the middle, the threat down the right was removed with the Roberts injury, and with Clarke in the middle, even though he may be our option, he isnt very good there. Stick with them lads, get our injured players back and watch us go
This is infuriating me.

I'd rather play Clarke in his best position, and persist with Diallo there. Whilst shot shy, Diallo at least can hold the ball up, link play, and he puts a shift in pressing the defence.

If you can get Clarke on the ball he will get you up the pitch, and even if he's not producing he'll draw fouls (not that we're any use from set pieces like :lol:).

Last edited:
My only criticism is that it was inevitable that Burnley were going to go for it in the second half. Putting another defender on should have been considered. Mowbray was an observer second half whilst Kompany showed his tactical abilities to change the game.
That's exactly right. The game reminded me of the Lincoln play off match. Me as a fan told my nephew at half time that the game wasn't over and that if Burnley scored we would lose. Did Mowbray not consider that possibility? Had he seen a video of the QPR game? And bringing on teenage substitutions (en masse) just seems ludicrous. What tactical acumen does he impart? "Run around a lot lads and look busy"? I was OK with Mowbray's appointment but really we never looked like we could or would defend that 2 goal lead .... it was against Burnley not Real Madrid.

Klopp, Pep, Poch, Mourinho, Ancelotti? Probably a hell of a lot more.
Van Bronckhurst recently
Didn’t blame the players on Saturday, one player out of position (enforced) on Saturday, how do you know what his half time team talks are like? We’re you in the dressing room. Just a week earlier we came from behind, half time team talk must have been rubbish then as well 🙄

Last edited:
I don't see us getting promoted under him, then again I don't see us going down either.
He actually reminds me a little of Lee Johnson, sets up to play good football, but no real plan B bar sub roulette.
Early days though, and hopefully back to full strength after Qatarshit.

Back