Moving water.


Always wanted to take a photograph where it looks like the water in a waterfall looks like it's stopped (don't know what it's called other than a long exposure). now got a camera that will do that but don't know anywhere i can try it, anyone know where i can go within a few miles of S/land.

As Roger said, to stop the water you'll need a very short exposure to freeze the image.

The milky look will require, longer exposures, possibly a tripod and ND filters depending on how bright it is, and a lot of patience and experimentation.

This first image taken from Flickr has about an 8 minute exposure I guess from info given.

This second has a shutter speed of 1/250th of a second.