Moving to the US?

If they moved all the mad people, gun toting cops, red necks and conspiracy theorists, q anonomists, corrupt sheriffs, politicians, rappers, gang bangers, cowboy libertarians, thickos, religious nuts and whack jobs to an island off the coast of Alaska I’d like to go for the scenery and the nice people playing jazz and being polite.

Be aware in most jobs you will only get 2 weeks vacation a year for probably 10 yrs no matter how professional or not your job will be. Hard pill for Brits to swallow.
Plus zero job protection. Most States have "Employment at Will" laws where you can be terminated at any time without notice. I've known people who have worked for the same place for 10 or 20 years been given 5 minutes to clear their desks.

See my stats. You're basing this on holiday allowance (which doesn't cover bank Holidays of which they have a lot)
I'm basing it on more than holiday allowance which is admittedly extremely shit.

Bank holidays are a pretty pointless bonus truth be told. I'd swap 7 bank holidays for 5 extra days annual leave personally

Last edited:

Back