Moving to the US?

I’m about 30 minutes from Clearwater Beach which regularly gets voted number one on Tripadvisor and of course they’re not shy about sharing that info around here!

Logon or register to see this image

Got married on the beach just up from there on the other side of that pier ^^😎

Not arsed about Disney parks even though I know there are loads on here who are in thrall to the place. Took the bairn last year, it’s only 90 minutes drive. On the way is some old aircraft museum which has the last Sunderland flying boat in existence.

Honestly mate, I really don't want to leave NJ. Wife wants to move closer to our grandson and not miss out on stuff, and you know what they say about 'happy wife, happy life'....

You fancy meeting up at the play-off games for a beer before I leave?
At least you'll save money on realty fees.
Not arsed about Disney parks even though I know there are loads on here who are in thrall to the place.
My bairns love it and some of their resort hotels are fantastic. I get what you mean though.

Last edited:
Honestly mate, I really don't want to leave NJ. Wife wants to move closer to our grandson and not miss out on stuff, and you know what they say about 'happy wife, happy life'....

Where will you watch the games mate?

Would like to get into Legends for at least one of them and grab a beer or two. Will depend on dates (limited on a couple of days each week) so we'll need to see how Sunday pans out. Fingers crossed

Where will you watch the games mate?
Legends on 33rd and 5th
I’m about 30 minutes from Clearwater Beach which regularly gets voted number one on Tripadvisor and of course they’re not shy about sharing that info around here!

Logon or register to see this image

Got married on the beach just up from there on the other side of that pier ^^😎

Not arsed about Disney parks even though I know there are loads on here who are in thrall to the place. Took the bairn last year, it’s only 90 minutes drive. On the way is some old aircraft museum which has the last Sunderland flying boat in existence.
When I am in Sarasota County/South Tampa area we can watch a game together.

Last edited:
We moved to west Coast Canada in 2017 and deffo want to travel to see the States when we can

I want to go to Oregan first as its pretty close and looks amazing. Also plan to get to a NFL game in Seattle hopefully this year.

The big issue is the place is so massive - for us to get to florida takes nearly as long as it would to get back home

Not sure if its the same down there in the States but the housing market has gone mad here - our place has gone up 25% since last year

Moving to Virginia Beach this summer, seeing similarly priced houses at a 5bd 3ba with pool and walking to beach... Hopefully it will be mine to move in to for July.

We'll see you for the play-off games ay Legends then?

@Tex is in Florida... probably Gulf Coast if he is boasting about the beaches... I'll be there in 3 years mate.
If I'm not at work mate there's a good chance you will. :lol:

Anyone ever tried it? How difficult is it to do these days?
Always wanted to move across and i'm in the midst of thinking fuck it, and doing it, but I understand it's fairly difficult to do so. Has anyone ever done it on here?

Mam and dad used to live in southern California, been many times and always had an affinity with it.

Might still be a pie in the sky idea but it's one of those leap of faith type moves that i'm close to
My son did it coz he married an American lass, they had loads of chew on getting visas and there was a point where USA immigration split them up for 3 months with kids involved was a difficult time, my son had to take a citizen exam to get it was pretty bonkers but they did it and after living in Miami have moved to Ketchikan Alaska and love it

Legends on 33rd and 5th

When I am in Sarasota County/South Tampa area we can watch a game together.
Bring it on matey!
I honestly would have preferred to be a bit closer to the city (Tampa or St P) as we’re a bit ‘new build suburbia’ here but we’re just over the county line in Pasco and the taxes are MUCH cheaper here so keep that in mind when you start house hunting. We’ve been to Sarasota a few times - nice down there especially Anna Marie Island.

Writing off approx four million people as “thick as fuck” doesn’t exactly bode well for your intelligence like.
Houston is the home of the Texas Medical Centre which is the largest concentration of medical facilities, universities, labs, research etc on the planet along with the Texas Heart Institute pioneering cardiovascular interventions for decades and MD Anderson Cancer Centre one of the leading cancer hospitals in the country / world. It’s also a massive hub for oil and gas, finance, computers and tech, probably close to a dozen universities and at a stretch you might include NASA too. But aye they must all be thick as fuck.
Absolutely, wont be texans in all those jobs you rattled off above.
Aye a hub for oil and gas thats why the likes of me was there showing the thick cowboys how to gan on.

Back