Moving to Glasgow

Haha ah ano I wasn’t touting for a replacement haha, he’s a cracking lad Gaz and great bassist. Treat him like part of the family
There's not many bassists better than me in the north east but he is one of them, I wasn't surprised at all he ended up with you marra. Tell him I still have his white custom built squire with a new neck but I've put some Quarter Pounder pick ups in it so it sounds brilliant and I still have the original pick ups. He will know what you are talking about marra.

You’re guaranteed to be a right fat fuck now mind. :lol:

Everyone I know who works away from home for a long period of time in an office based job always ends up at least a good stone heavier after eating in restaurants every day.

Not if you eat Japanese or Vietnamese.

A few Glasgow pubs to whet your whistle....

The Howlin' Wolf in Bath Street is mint:

Just up the road is Slouch which has a cracking selection of craft ales and plays great rock and indie music:

Bath Street has loads of great bars and the Finnieston area of Glasgow is also a superb night out.

I love "The 78" in Finnieston. Its a vegan pub with awesome food and we pop in there every time we are in Glasgow. Our carnivore son loves it too:

Shilling Brewing Company in West St.George Street is a great boozer with its own micro-brewery on site:

Sounds ok if thats your thing , honoury mention for the horseshoe bar , more traditional Glasgow pub

Accepted a role up Glasgow working at the clients HQ so will be living up there either in a Hilton/Marriott or Radisson hotel during the week then back for the weekends. Step up from my current role and everything paid for (food, travel, accommodation) so hopefully save a fortune not needing to use the car and go through the tunnel everyday which can go toward either the wedding or honeymoon.

Hoping to get a load of points on my Amex card for the travel and food to use for air miles, then points from the hotel to hopefully put towards the honeymoon hotel.

Anyone else living up there?

Jermain Defoe ? Say hi if you see him.

Opened this thread thinking it might be a bit funny maybe advising him where the prostitutes are or directing him to the dark parts of Glasgow ...... Fuck its more like a trip advisor page for Glasgow zzzzzzzzzz

Two pints pr1ck!

I love Glasgow. It has a slightly unwarranted reputation for being troublesome but it's just like any place, if you want trouble you'll find it, if you don't you won't.

There's a cracking burger joint somewhere on Saucihall Street. If you nip out to the front of Central Station for a quick tab you're bound to have a stranger come up to you for a light and a chat. Good old fashioned music venues like their O2 academy, with bars at the back and down the side of it.

Never had an ounce of bother there, and there's plenty of decent places to see, and bars and restaurants across the city.

The only thing I can't get used to is them pronouncing G as "Jai".

I love Glasgow. It has a slightly unwarranted reputation for being troublesome but it's just like any place, if you want trouble you'll find it, if you don't you won't.
Me too. Prefer it to Edinburgh, if I'm honest.

Bars are less pretentious and there's loads of top-notch restaurants. Never had any issues with being English and always found it to be more friendly than most of the big cities I've been to in England.

Love The Horseshoe Bar, me. Always got the footie on and a decent pint at a decent price.

Quite like The State Bar anarl.
haha i someone ended up in there on karaoke not realising it was a £1,000 competition and got through to the semi final ha.

back home now and got a text yesterday saying your slot is on wednesday next week :rolleyes:

Back