Moving House

yeah, it's the unknown stuff that preys on your mind.
it can't be done with everything, but if you plan ahead as much as possible, you might actually enjoy it!

Good luck!

The biggest stress i remember from my last move was when the removal van i received was half the size of the one i'd ordered. Hours and hours of tactical packing was not how i wanted to spend my last evening there.

Apart from that... Solicitors dragging their feet and being generally incompetent are the biggest issues.

My estate agent basically kept all parties on hold for a month and when he actually got in touch with me he said he was worried about the windows !??!?! There was fuck all wrong with the window. When I got the carptes laid the f***ing fitter fucked it up and the whole lot had to to replaced so I had to spend 2 weeks with furniture all our. Was stressful as fuck grr.

Solicitors was the #1 reason for us.

Slow as fuck, and gave us no information; most of our contact was through the sellers' estate agent, who were brilliant (Goldfinch).

We actually got a letter yesterday from our solicitor saying they owed us £33, so not all bad news :lol:

Pranging the van didn't help.

Our buyers getting things delivered didn't help either. In hindsight I should have turned all deliveries away as it didn't complete until hours afterwards.

Hate it.

First house me and the missus bought we had 3 trips in my battered old clip sport.

We literally had clothes to bring with us.

The second time was a nightmare. Women still wasn’t fully packed on the moving day, removal van they sent was too small.

The woman not being moved out meant we had to dump everything in the one room that was clear. I’d spent weeks packing and labelling stuff only for the daft mare to duck it all up.

We had also scrubbed our house from top to bottom and we actually left the couple who bought the house a bottle of wine to say good luck etc.

The woman who still wasn’t out of our house hadn’t cleaned in about 10 years. We knew it was a dump but didn’t realise how bad until all her furniture was out of the house

Had to get a window taken out to get it in. £50.
Dfs was wanted to do this with our sofa when they delivered t.

I told them to take the sofa back as I wasn’t letting them.

They sent a tram to take apart the sofa and rebuild it in the house

On friday

why is it stressful as fuck?

Make sure the place your moving to hand the keys over quickly. We were all packed and had the stuff in the removal van. Got the call from the solicitors to say it's all done, only to find the house we were moving to had only hired a tranny van and were taking f***ing ages to get out. Didn't get the keys and all their shit out til about 3pm. Tight twats should've hired a removal van.

The biggest stress i remember from my last move was when the removal van i received was half the size of the one i'd ordered. Hours and hours of tactical packing was not how i wanted to spend my last evening there.

Apart from that... Solicitors dragging their feet and being generally incompetent are the biggest issues.
That happened to us. We had a bloke from the removals firm come round and completely underestimate how much crap we had. On the day of the move, the van was far too small. It took them 3 40-mile round trips and all day to complete. They were a little bit peed off when they'd finished, to say the least. We've had a massive clear-out since we've moved into the new place. Should really have done it sooner..!

I’m doing it soon and it should be fairly stress free. All my stuff will go in the back of my car as I’m leaving a furnished rental.

It’ll just be sorting out broadband that does my head in.

Our sale fell through and had to find a new buyer. Luckily the people we were buying off were sound and waited for us. Hopefully go through this time.

My main stress is the mrs is 36 weeks pregnant so both may fall at the same time, when we could have been in a month or so.

yeah luckily our solicitor has been absolutely spot on and as ive never done this before she has really helped me through it and answered my daft questions

we had a massive clearout this past 2 weekends ready for moving and the place we are buying the vendors are pretty much out already as well

will be without sky and broadband for a good 2 weeks like, thats going to be interesting

Back