Moving BACK to the North East

I've lived in New Jersey for almost 21 years , and London for 15 years before that, but I retired last year and decided it was time to return home. I bought a season card for this season in June but the house sale over here has taken much longer than expected. But all being well I will move in to a place near Consett in November and get to see my first game this season - Wycombe Wanderers. Can't wait for a Greggs pastie.
If you're moving back near consett, gan to the farm shop at knitsley for your pasties marra. Well worth a look.

Almost 2 years back for me now and it has worked out great. I've got to know extended family a lot more. Kids have settled. Parents get to see their grandkids and my kids get to have grandparents rather than just someone they spoke to on Skype. Live in a nice house in a nice part of Sunderland and landed on my feet with a job.
Love this part of the world tbh. There s problems but nothing that isnt outweighed by the good.

basically since moving back you've realised you're upper middle class :)

I'm sure there was another thread on here about it not that long ago.

I lived down south for 17 years and moved back 3 years ago. The south made me the person I am today - kids, wife, home, decent lifestyle, etc. However, since I returned, i barely think about my time down there one bit. There's no place like home, marra.

I had my car in the garage last week. I dropped it off at 10am and was told it would be ready for 1.30. Couldn't be bothered with the round-trip home on the bus, so I spent my time walking around town and by the river. It was a glorious Autumn day and I walked down streets I never knew existed. It was awesome. As my post above, choosing to move back home was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Happy where I am.id only move back now for financial reasons to release loads of equity.

I'd be as likely to move to another part of the country if I did that.

Love it myself but missus and kids are Southerners

Only do it for a good house and some land.. be a total lifestyle change.

I think that’s a bit easier when your missus is foreign and your kid probably bilingual? Suspect you probably speak good French too.
Yep. France is like the US in that you don't need to leave the country. You have beaches, mountains, skiing, forests, vineyards. Everything. I've volunteered for Paris if Brexit goes poorly

Back