Moving back to Durham - City or surroundings villages?

After twenty years of being away from ol’ Durham Town looks like I’m heading home.

I still visit my folks there so still feel in touch with how it’s changed, I’m wondering how people find the surrounding villages these days though - it’s ridiculous how much more house you get for your money. I know there’ll be detractors, but what are places like Langley Moor, Meadowfield, Bearpark like to live in these days? Also drawn to Willington, love Weardale and looks like lots of decent new housing up that way.

Cheers!
I think there's better/nicer places for weadale than Willington Village itself. Hamsterley, fir tree, Wolsingham. Depends if you need to commute. What's Brancepeth like these days

I think there's better/nicer places for weadale than Willington Village itself. Hamsterley, fir tree, Wolsingham. Depends if you need to commute. What's Brancepeth like these days
expensive and quiet. I know someone selling their house there.

After twenty years of being away from ol’ Durham Town looks like I’m heading home.

I still visit my folks there so still feel in touch with how it’s changed, I’m wondering how people find the surrounding villages these days though - it’s ridiculous how much more house you get for your money. I know there’ll be detractors, but what are places like Langley Moor, Meadowfield, Bearpark like to live in these days? Also drawn to Willington, love Weardale and looks like lots of decent new housing up that way.

Cheers!

f***ing hell. Anyone "drawn to Willington" may need help.
At least move to Bishop or other bits of the Wear Valley!

Logon or register to see this image
sure you'd find somewhere

20 years since I was at school but Parkside was always known as a rough school mind. My mate moved to willington about a year back, nice house in an estate near the cricket club.
I know what you’re saying, it had a reputation when I was growing up. That estate near the cricket ground was one that pricked my interest, 6 beds for £325k.

Heads getting battered already at where to focus on!

I know what you’re saying, it had a reputation when I was growing up. That estate near the cricket ground was one that pricked my interest, 6 beds for £325k.

Heads getting battered already at where to focus on!
I'm in brandon but looking to move soonish. I went to St Margrets and Johnston and want my kids to do the same so have to look at catchment area's etc. Is a ball ache like.

I lived in Durham City for 10 years till last Christmas. Really enjoyed it at first but it is very very studenty now and I found it becoming more and more impersonable. Still a great City mind. Moved to Sedgefield I am really enjoying village life a lot more.

There is also a place called "No Place"

just about top of my list if I did move back, lovely place.

Back