Moving back home

Loads of new quality housing being built on the west side of Hartlepool right now.
Two minutes from A19 and Elwick and Hart villages.

We visited Hartlepool last week for a random day trip. Looked like a big development was going up overlooking the beach too. Bet there’s some stunning outlooks from some of those.

We visited Hartlepool last week for a random day trip. Looked like a big development was going up overlooking the beach too. Bet there’s some stunning outlooks from some of those.
Yeah from the back of some of them there is. You can see Sunderland most days. They are still building there heading northwards as things stand though that estate is out on a limb. You need a car really.
left hartlepool nearly 40 years ago......id have to be dragged back kicking and screaming
That’s a relief.😉
Seriously though, they are expanding westwards from High Tunstall area towards Elwick and from Bishop Cuthbert towards Hart village. It won’t be long before Hart is linked to the town.
There’s a new (ring)road being built to join the A19 so Elwick and Dalton Piercey will not be touched by traffic.
The majority of these houses cost a pretty penny which confuses me as there is no work in the town at all.

Last edited:
Yeah from the back of some of them there is. You can see Sunderland most days. They are still building there heading northwards as things stand though that estate is out on a limb. You need a car really.

That’s a relief.😉
Seriously though, they are expanding westwards from High Tunstall area towards Elwick and from Bishop Cuthbert towards Hart village. It won’t be long before Hart is linked to the town.
There’s a new (ring)road being built to join the A19 so Elwick and Dalton Piercey will not be touched by traffic.
The majority of these houses cost a pretty penny which confuses me as there is no work in the town at all.
was a throston lad myself when it used to be right on the edge of the town, still got a sister in the town and a brother in Blackhall( Mam was a Blackhall lass) or at least he was when i last spoke to him about 23 yrs ago(and that was too soon)

was a throston lad myself when it used to be right on the edge of the town, still got a sister in the town and a brother in Blackhall( Mam was a Blackhall lass) or at least he was when i last spoke to him about 23 yrs ago(and that was too soon)
Can you remember Ogle’s farm ? It used to be off Throston Grange Lane. When I was a young un I’d go there on a weekend to help them out. I caused more bother than enough 😆
Mind I’m ancient.

That’s a relief.😉
All the ex pats bringing their London coin back with them ?

Can you remember Ogle’s farm ? It used to be off Throston Grange Lane. When I was a young un I’d go there on a weekend to help them out. I caused more bother than enough 😆
Mind I’m ancient.
was directly opposite our house I lived on throston grange lane.... used to go to the little shop they had...im getting on a bit myself

Home is where the heart is my loves 😘
Hey hello hope whatever happening with the telly saga you are feeling a bit better today

Just not sure anymore where my heart belongs cos sometimes it doesn't feel right here and sometimes it doesn't feel right there. Maybe when or if I do move it should be to somewhere completely new and hope I make friends.

Last edited:
Born and raised in Boldon , moved out in 1982 , moved to Fatfield in 1986.

Rather live in Fatfield than Boldon , not once have I thought about moving back.

What part of Boldon mate and why’s Fatfield better? Just interested cos we were weighing up some of these areas against each other a few years ago.

Back