Movie Like/Hate

I detest Forrest Gump. I have no inkling why that's so well loved. I can't give an example of something I liked that was generally considered shit...probably because I don't like shit films and have a low tolerance. :)

I detest Forrest Gump. I have no inkling why that's so well loved. I can't give an example of something I liked that was generally considered shit...probably because I don't like shit films and have a low tolerance. :)
Its a great movie

Movies you think are great that the general populace or critics loathed
Movies you think are shocking and yet plenty of people loved it.

I like Hook and yet it is thought of as shite by many.
Never understood why people like pulp fiction. (love other tarantino films just don't understand the love for this)
Oh, nah, motherfucker, now you made it personal.

Fight Club - easily the worst movie ever made in the history of cinema...
Fucker. It's like you just walked over, slapped me, and called me an asshole in front of my friends. We will always have the Trump thread, but on this one? You're dead to me.

Amelie - Lovely feelgood film starring the adorable Audrey Tautou
Topsy Turvy - Slightly obscure film about the relationship between Gilbert & Sullivan. Niche, I know but superbly done, thanks mostly to the masterful performance by Jim Broadbent as Gilbert.
Brazil - 1984 writ large by Terry Gilliam, starring Jonathan Pryce.
Short Cuts - A Robert Altman film I stumbled upon one night and couldn't stop watching. Practically anyone that was anyone in Hollywood at the time is in it but it's great in spite of that, not because of it.
The Wind That Shakes The Barley - Mike Lean film about the Easter Rising and the Black & Tans - Very powerful.

Dislikes:
Happy Gilmore - I know I'll get stick for this but I thought it was such an ill mannered, ill tempered piece of shit that it made me angry.
Lost in Translation - Just didn't get it. Maybe I'll give it another try someday just because Scarlett Johansson is in it and I love Bill Murray.
Anything with Will Ferrell in it.

Loved Deuce Bigalow : Male Gigolo

Didn't expect much from that film but was crying laughing.
Happy gilmore
Blazing saddles
Life of Brian
Twin town

All great, and planes trains and automobiles.
Didn't mind steve martin in that but any other film with him in is shìt. Can't stand the cùnt same with Nicholas Cage.
Wánker.

Didn't think The Green Mile lived up to all the hype.

Loved it

Loved it

Last edited:
Lost in Translation was the dullest cinema experience I have ever seen in my life
Guardians of the galaxy was a surprise as it wasnt well known characters but a great film

Back