Mouse in the house

Discussion in 'SMB' started by MackemRocker, Apr 11, 2019.

1. MackemRocker

MackemRocker Goalkeeper

Just about to leave for work and heard some scratching in one of the corners of the downstairs ceiling so must be running about somewhere.

Anyone had any successful methods of getting rid of them?

I've let the cat have full roam of the house so she will get it if it appears but now expecting to come home to a scene from SAW of a massacred mouse.

2. The Truth

The Truth Full Back

My sympathies mate. If it's a non lazy cat he'll get it but mousetraps laden with chocolate and/or peanut butter worked a treat for me.

Failing that, Lion shit arl ower the place.

jjarra_mackem and Lukas73 like this.
  3. screwjack

screwjack Midfield

hoots mon!

matt228 and Chesterladmackem like this.
  4. Curlyteeth

Curlyteeth Goalkeeper

I got the council out for it once. I think they do one visit for very little cost

5. Rubberglove

Rubberglove Midfield

A flamethrower would do the job

tunstall birdman and Bishop Boy like this.
  6. MackemRocker

MackemRocker Goalkeeper

shes part maine coon so should have good hunting skills.....known my luck she will be a lazy shit

7. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Striker

What does your husband think?

8. Mousetrap with peanut butter lined up facing the skirting boards. Ideally you need to know where they are getting in. Mine seem to be getting in under the bath and I haven't got under it yet to try and find out how. Of all the traps I have around the house, the one in the corner next to the bath is the only one that gets them now.

Horley Chorley likes this.
  9. Good Bloke Fairly

Good Bloke Fairly Goalkeeper

When I moved into my grans, there was one in the spare room which I was given. Four mouse traps along the wall I kept seeing it scurry along, with crunchy peanut butter as bait and it was dead in two days. Leave the traps down once you've got it though, they tend to follow the scent of their own kind apparently. Explains why I keep finding them in the traps I laid in her shed.

10. jacko100

jacko100 Winger

11. MackemRocker

MackemRocker Goalkeeper

yeah ive not seen it as of yet. could just hear it in the top cornerbehind the wall. its a strange one as the wall its behind is in the middle of the house so not as if its against a specific outside wall.....plus a semi detached house so the wall is near the join of houses.

12. Do you use peanut butter with or without palm oil? Just wondering how righteous the meeses might be on this.

13. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Striker

Didn't you use bricks one time for this?

14. Bishop Mackem

Bishop Mackem Striker

Did you go on holiday to Portugal many years ago?

15. no bricks were harmed in the process

The Lonious Monk and Bishop Boy like this.
  16. johnnyat87

johnnyat87 Winger

There are these things called 'mouse traps' I believe and what they do is..... trap/kill the mouse. Problem solved.

The Lonious Monk likes this.
  17. Carino

Carino Winger

a combination of traps, poison and the sticky boards done the trick for me.

18. Mantobar

Mantobar Midfield

This place is poor woth shoddy advice

BURN THE HOUSE DOWN
    Is the only reasonable answer

townieftm, Stubbs ftm and Bishop Boy like this.
  19. Stubbs ftm

Stubbs ftm Winger

This, the mouse should sense the house burning down around him and escape never to return.

Bishop Boy likes this.