Mountain Daisy

Did you know the landlords son who used to have raves downstairs?
Must have been a different landlord but the cellar is huge so can imagine it being a good venue for a literal underground rave.

Tbf when I was there I think it was the one previous to it being renovated as it is now and it wasn't ridiculously bad, used to get a few nutcases in but then I've worked all over town and so did everywhere else.

I do remember starting a shift and all the old locals were discussing the best way to kill themselves. That was a bit worrying.

There was a place called Blondes or Marilyns or summet like that in the early 80s at one point iirc. Was it a converted club or summet? Around the Railway Tavern area on HHilton Rd. didnt last long iirc. Usual chrome n mirrors 80s nonsense with wine bar aspirations.

10:30 in Sunderland.
Sure i went in a pub called blondies or Marilyn's in the town after we got beat by saints 1,0 in relgation season under reid , waddle played

I always remember the Mountain Daisy as it was at one end of a road and at the other end was the Round Robin. Is it Hylton Rd? I used up have visit St Benedict's hospice which was at that time, up that road near the Ford estate. Never went in either pub so don't know what they were like.

I always remember the Mountain Daisy as it was at one end of a road and at the other end was the Round Robin. Is it Hylton Rd? I used up have visit St Benedict's hospice which was at that time, up that road near the Ford estate. Never went in either pub so don't know what they were like.
Yeah both are on Hylton Road.

Used to ba alright the daisy about 16 years ago, every time it's opened since its been shite and full of divvies, it represents what millfield has become over the same time like

I used to pay my union dues upstairs in the Daisy, way back in the 60s. Always was a proper old drinkers' pub back then, the last time I was in it, early 90s, there was some stinking tart being back scuttled over the pool table in the back room, it turned into a right scum hole of a place.

Used to ba alright the daisy about 16 years ago, every time it's opened since its been shite and full of divvies, it represents what millfield has become over the same time like

Not now the new manager Scott has turned it around.

Has become busy three footy teams quiz team darts team and a pool team there.

Excellent food too and a mini bus provided for SAFC home match.

Function room upstairs used most weekends.

Zero tolerance to drugs.

Back