Mountain Daisy

How can Mountain daisy be similar to the Isis the mountain Daisy has hardly been Altered since it was built Isis was completely guttered the late 70s all the original features ripped out in the name of progress I think at the time it went under the name of Livingstones then it went into decline then Isis reinvented itself. It’s no more than a fake pub The same as you would find in a theme park
I had no idea about this mind. I thought it was original. They've done a cracking job like.
I .believe .the. manager .has. requested .a spruce. up .like .He.is .awaiting .an .answer .from .brewery.
:lol: gerrin

Are you in there now? 😂
No ,yesterday after much begging and pleading I managed to obtain a pass out for an hour ,with the help of a comrade I was able to view the Daisy for the first time since new manager took over ,even though I’ve been in many times over the years still never fails to give me shudder down my spineas I observe the Edwardian splendour on view.Sunderland manual workers in that period were the highest paid in UK by far .Buildings like the daisy ,Wheatsheaf ,Dun Cow ,Empire and they are all good examples .And with SAFC been one of the biggest clubs in the world at that time it all made possible by Sunderland people having a high standard of living.
Just as I am a Eternal optimist that once again SAFC will be a powerhouse in football again .I also hope that Sunderland Economy will pick up .To start this process we must encourage Sunderland people to
Are you in there now? 😂

spend their money in the local economy starting with the likes ofMountain Daisy And other local run businesses.
Are you in there now? 😂

Was 10:30pm Mon-Sat until 1988 apparently. Extended to 11pm after that.
Only thing that changed, IIRC, was doing away with afternoon closing (3:00 - 5:30). I spent the entire first day in the pub (the Dagmar) when that was relaxed.

Whether last orders was at 10:30, 10:55 or whatever was down to the pub's own policy, as long as everyone was out by 11.

2003 was when it was all deregulated (had to Google that).

Last edited:
Rember being upstairs in The Albion (Chaplins) when my Nana and Grandad were interims, snooker was on the telly as usual, thankfully it was Higgins. As far as I know they had over the years ran the Roker Hotel, Willow Pond, Chesters and looked after a few others for Vaux including the Albion

Back