Mountain bike trails in the NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bairn has ditched his BMX and has got into mountain bikes, where is good nearby to take him? We're looking at somewhere where we could also take the campervan so would prefer a pub nearby..

Hamsterley is fkn mint. Something for everyone up there. Blue skills loop if he's just learning. Some red trails which are a little bit harder. Tough tough black routes and insane unmarked routes. Love the places other than the fkn midgies.

Obvious answer is Hamsterley and stay in one of the caravan sites nearby. The village has a decent pub too.

Another option would be Kielder and stay at Falstone.

Then there is Dalby at the NYM.

All have good mtb trails and you can get trail maps online or paper copies once there.

Last edited:
Obvious answer is Hamsterley and stay in one of the caravan sites nearby. The village has a decent pub too.

Another option would be Kielder and stay at Falstone.

Then there is Dalby at the NYM.

All have good mtb trails and you can get trail maps online or paper copies once there.

I did Dalby this year and although I didn't do it all I much prefer Hamsterley. Dalby was up and down all day but with Hamsterley you have some hard climbs but then a good stretch of downhills too. New track is meant to be looking tasty also.

A bit further afield but glentress, just outside Peebles is canny. You bust your balls getting up to the top of the mountain but it's worth it for the long blast down. Plenty of boozers and restaurants in town for afterwards.

I've been meaning to try this. How do I find it?
It literally is on the outskirts of Guisborough funnily enough .... :lol:

There is parking and a visitor centre - education centre with cafe. I was there a few years back. Can't remember exactly what it's called.

I've been meaning to try this. How do I find it?

It literally is on the outskirts of Guisborough funnily enough .... :lol:

There is parking and a visitor centre - education centre with cafe. I was there a few years back. Can't remember exactly what it's called.

Pinchinthorpe.

There's some very good trails at Guissy Woods. You'll need time to explore or go with someone who knows where the good stuff is.

Hamsterley is fkn mint. Something for everyone up there. Blue skills loop if he's just learning. Some red trails which are a little bit harder. Tough tough black routes and insane unmarked routes. Love the places other than the fkn midgies.
We do the black and black diamond regularly. It's superb. Guisborough is decent too if you're just starting out

Black Banks is better,but don't tell the townies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back