Motorhead at the Empire

Cheesy Feet

Striker
Can anyone tell me the year this happened..I was there and reckon it was 1991-2 time..lad at work reckons it was the 'rock n roll tour' so 1987..the Internet says 1987 but that seems too early to me like..anyone?

I would have put money on it being early 90's.

I was in my second year at university and it was during the summer (illuminations were on at the time); I brought my mates over from Newcastle. I had no intention of going but my mates persuaded the little old bloke on the door to open up the ticket office for me.

I was in my second year at university and it was during the summer (illuminations were on at the time); I brought my mates over from Newcastle. I had no intention of going but my mates persuaded the little old bloke on the door to open up the ticket office for me.

Aye mate..I knew it was during the light nights..we went in the Derry when we came out..stone deaf!!

All gone now. Fast Eddie and Phil The Animal.

I interviewed Fast Eddie. He was great and really, really humble. He was playing with Fastway at the O2 Academy supporting Saxon and it was his first show in 8 years or so and about half an hour before he went on he turned to me and said that he hoped that people would remember who he was. He genuinely thought that people wouldn`t be bothered because he`d been away for so long. Of course he got a fantastic reception.

Back