Bikers of the smb

I did the santander route picos etc was a great trip as you say, I’m riding down partner flying for two weeks and riding home.
looking fwd to the rides there and back gonna visit the eagles nest, then over grossglockner into Slovenia and lake bled, coming home riding via venice lake Garda and Stelio Really looking fwd to it like.
been looking at the kotor serpantine that’s deffo on the list when we hit Montenegro like.
Love that area ,did it on road and off road bikes ,check out the moto piston rally.Loads of English lads get over late in season ,good few days

Came down the infamous Tresviso path on trail bikes about 10 years ago
think they are fairly strict up there now

Love that area ,did it on road and off road bikes ,check out the moto piston rally.Loads of English lads get over late in season ,good few days

Video is fab and will look at that link for the rally.
Cheers 👌
Cheers 👌
Also the off road stuff popular in Europe with uk lads and bet it was a cracking time.

Last edited:
Cheers 👌

Also the off road stuff popular in Europe with uk lads and bet it was a cracking time.
There's loads doing expensive tours using their bikes etc now .We did a few way back when they just started then one year got a Transit van and put 3 bikes in the back and went over to Santander, stopped in camp huts in Potes and headed out everyday . The mp rally is great ,its something like pre80 bikes to compete but loads go over for the crack .

There's loads doing expensive tours using their bikes etc now .We did a few way back when they just started then one year got a Transit van and put 3 bikes in the back and went over to Santander, stopped in camp huts in Potes and headed out everyday . The mp rally is great ,its something like pre80 bikes to compete but loads go over for the crack .
Aye like everything else when word gets out the price goes up. The tour I’ve just done we spent last night in Potes for the ferry next day out of Santander.

Che

ers maaaan

Cheers maaan looks mint that like.

had a cracking weekend at helmsley for the farmyard party.
these were next to us. the panther lovely and a great restoration but the indian was incredible. must be quite difficult to ride, foot clutch & hand gearchange as well as a left hand throttle
View media item 8300
View media item 8299
A friend of mine has an Indian very similar to that (1927 Scout). He let me have a go. I went about 20 feet, stalled, and fell off.
The Panther looks great, weren’t they built near Helmsley?

My vfr has dropped me right in the shite like. Just put the battery back in after taking it while I was away. Bike started and was running spot on. First time I stopped it won't start again. Was 25 late for work.😂 Sounds like a fucked battery, fuel pump sounds like it's priming but no neutral gear light and when you press start the dash goes dim/off. Checked the obvious loose cables

A friend of mine has an Indian very similar to that (1927 Scout). He let me have a go. I went about 20 feet, stalled, and fell off.
The Panther looks great, weren’t they built near Helmsley?
i'm sure they were built in yorkshire somewhere but not sure where. seems to be quite a few kicking about nowadays.
don't think i'd have the concentration to ride one, not too good at multitasking. when the bloke set off this morning it started 1st kick and he made riding it look simple.

My vfr has dropped me right in the shite like. Just put the battery back in after taking it while I was away. Bike started and was running spot on. First time I stopped it won't start again. Was 25 late for work.😂 Sounds like a fucked battery, fuel pump sounds like it's priming but no neutral gear light and when you press start the dash goes dim/off. Checked the obvious loose cables

It's a vfr, have you checked the stator, fitting a voltmeter is the most essential mod you can do with them. Even if the battery is the issue this time, at some point this will happen

Logon or register to see this image

Happens on the early cb1000r too. Wonder if its the same part.

The VFR issue is caused when they added the vtec. It's not so much of a problem on the pre 2002 models. After that the vtec required an oil pipe to be added inside the stator housing and it's thought this disrupts the oil feed which cools the stator. They tend to last about 30k before looking like the above and needing changing. Not the absolute worst job in the word, but a bit fiddly feeding the cable through the V of the engine.

It's a vfr, have you checked the stator, fitting a voltmeter is the most essential mod you can do with them. Even if the battery is the issue this time, at some point this will happen

Probably be this, I upgraded the r/r last year but not the stator. Seems plausible that the battery hasn't been charging on my shortish run

Sorted, daft shite didn't reconnect the RR stator ground wire, it was tucked away so the battery wasn't charging at all. My mate charged the battery fully (it's only one year old and is a Yuasa no cheap shite), boom started straight away and is 14.2v whilst idling 😂

Last edited:
Probably be this, I upgraded the r/r last year but not the stator. Seems plausible that the battery hasn't been charging on my shortish run

Sorted, daft shite didn't reconnect the RR stator ground wire, it was tucked away so the battery wasn't charging at all. My mate charged the battery fully (it's only one year old and is a Yuasa no cheap shite), boom started straight away and is 14.2v whilst idling 😂
nice
your stator will be fine then. Mine was totally goosed, battery voltage dipped with the engine on compared to off.

I planned on going to the Brooklands Motorcycle Show today but £20 entry on the gate! I was expecting it to be a tenner or something. I'll give it a miss and just go out for an early morning blast before the Sunday Lemmings clog up the roads.

Back