Bikers of the smb

Im going to Newcastle just now to look at the Z650, been this morning to Boldon, the 900R is nice but for looks prefer the kawasaki, and a lot cheaper.

Not struck on bike above

Plenty of EV bikes available in the UK, even Harley sell the Livewire over here but I think the most popular brand is Zero Motorcycles. The only full size leccy motorbike I've ever seen being ridden was a Zero, it looked just like a normal bike, but silent.
Going to have a look at them 👍

Last edited:
Plenty of EV bikes available in the UK, even Harley sell the Livewire over here but I think the most popular brand is Zero Motorcycles. The only full size leccy motorbike I've ever seen being ridden was a Zero, it looked just like a normal bike, but silent.
read of this bloke going round britain on one a while back. i like noise though.

I've been thinking about getting a dirt bike for years, something like a crf300l but i really fancy one of these. I could literally commute to work for nothing as the battery is removable and can be recharged

any of you lizards with bikes ever ridden in croatia, montenegro and bosnia, taking mine over in the summer and any tips or advice would be most appreciated.
cheers

I understand in the latter two countries that the police can stop you and find 'issues' but these soon go away if money ends up in their pocket from yours.

any of you lizards with bikes ever ridden in croatia, montenegro and bosnia, taking mine over in the summer and any tips or advice would be most appreciated.
cheers
Never done those countries as just done 1st tour to Spain and Portugal
Got the ferry from Plymouth to Santander and through the Picos mountains working down to Portugal and back up for ferry over 11 days and was absolutely amazing.

Are you riding there or shipping bike over

Never done those countries as just done 1st tour to Spain and Portugal
Got the ferry from Plymouth to Santander and through the Picos mountains working down to Portugal and back up for ferry over 11 days and was absolutely amazing.

Are you riding there or shipping bike over
I did the santander route picos etc was a great trip as you say, I’m riding down partner flying for two weeks and riding home.
looking fwd to the rides there and back gonna visit the eagles nest, then over grossglockner into Slovenia and lake bled, coming home riding via venice lake Garda and Stelio Really looking fwd to it like.
been looking at the kotor serpantine that’s deffo on the list when we hit Montenegro like.

I did the santander route picos etc was a great trip as you say, I’m riding down partner flying for two weeks and riding home.
looking fwd to the rides there and back gonna visit the eagles nest, then over grossglockner into Slovenia and lake bled, coming home riding via venice lake Garda and Stelio Really looking fwd to it like.
been looking at the kotor serpantine that’s deffo on the list when we hit Montenegro like.
Aye Picos is superb riding. Sounds great especially with doing eagles nest n others which will be superb in itself. Know few who done Lake Garda n again supposed to be superb riding n the countries like Slovenia,Montenegro n Croatia look so beautiful. Can understand why you’re mega excited.
Also heard in Germany they’ve got trains that you can put the bike on n chill but not sure if they run all over Germany or a certain route.

Aye Picos is superb riding. Sounds great especially with doing eagles nest n others which will be superb in itself. Know few who done Lake Garda n again supposed to be superb riding n the countries like Slovenia,Montenegro n Croatia look so beautiful. Can understand why you’re mega excited.
Also heard in Germany they’ve got trains that you can put the bike on n chill but not sure if they run all over Germany or a certain route.
There’s a load of those trains out of business now there is still a route down to northern Italy iirc I looked at it but couldn’t get the dates to work.
Done a few good trips now so the distances don’t bother me as much it just becomes part of the trip. This is the longest distance wise I think did the Italian lakes pre covid and that was stunning like summit nice about getting ya bike on and off the ferries on lake compo that just made me smile like.

Ah right n agree that part of it is riding n seeing stuff over the distance although I wasn’t saying that from Plymouth back up to home 😂.
Yeah Lake Garda is stunning to start with but on a bike n the roads will be unreal n I’m sure you’ll have an unbelievable time 👌

I took the overnight train from Dussledorf to Viena. You put your bike on the back then kip in your own cabin. You end up waking up on the second day of the trip and have to ride through the Alps to get home

Cheers for that n something to keep in mind incase need to do that if over that way. I think some other European country’s have a similar thing but not sure which.

Back