Bikers of the smb

And his workshop is about the same size as my garage, so how come I struggle to find the room to do even basic servicing?

Plymouth to Santander. Potes makes a good first stop as it's only a couple of hours max from the ferry and right in the Picos. In fact you could spend a week in Potes and still not do all the brilliant roads in the area. From Potes we went down to Braganca in Portugal for a few days then back up to Llanos which is on the coast a couple of hours from Santander for the last 3 days.
You'll learn more about how a bike handles in a week in the Picos than you will in a year in the UK.

A lad I knew lived up the top end of Westgate road and his brother had a shed of a Z1300. My mate used to borrow it sometimes but I never actually saw it but mates who did said it was rough as feck. I'm guessing it was the same bike.

A lad I knew lived up the top end of Westgate road and his brother had a shed of a Z1300. My mate used to borrow it sometimes but I never actually saw it but mates who did said it was rough as feck. I'm guessing it was the same bike.
This lad lived just off Kenton Road near Grandstand Road next to the Town Moor. The bike was in a kind of shed/greenhouse on the side of the house. It was a shaft driven bike and had what looked like a home made straighthrough can. I have never heard anything so loud even race cans. The bike was pretty rough all round and I did not even test ride it

I have got my eye on a couple of Fat Boys that look phenomenal. They would be a massive departure from what I am used to ride wise, but by God they do look smart, although very high maintenance and not just for cleaning. I have a test ride booked this week.

I test rode the Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro and the Tiger 1200 XCA yesterday. The 900 had a gorgeous quick shifter on and pulled very well, although it sounds like a twin. It had good spec, but was setup quite low. It felt light and maneuverable and smooth. The 1200 however had an amazing induction howl, went like stink and gave me the presence that I was after.

In the position now to buy from private and dealers with the funds almost available, which puts me in a good negotiating position.

I've got my eye on a rare 1200 in khaki green in GLASGOW, but I'm struggling to get up there to check it all over and confirm ownership etc. The lad has it up for sale still but is holding it for me without deposit (his idea) until the weekend. I may have to drive up for the viewing and checks and then later in the week get the train up to bring the bike back. There are certainly worse routes to traverse :).

A few years ago, on a whim I got the train up to Aberdeen and rode a V Strom 1000 all the way back having not ridden a bike in around 10 years at that point. Man was I tired.
did you test ride the Fatboy..????

If I was looking for used bikes (and non-starters), in the North East, what options do I have? Facebook, Gumtree, eBay. Anywhere else?
Mate of mine bought a non runner 2019 125cc ajs scrambler off facebook marketplace the other week for £900. We drove down to Pontefract to collect, new battery, 2 new bulbs, carb clean, brake and fuel drain and its up and running again, taxed and insured. Nice little bike with only 6k mileage too.

Got back Tuesday night. The paperwork needed is a pain in the arse but it's worth it for the roads and weather.

Logon or register to see this image

https://postimg.cc/Cn8ZQrfDclosest shell gas station to my location

https://postimg.cc/Tpq15DjR
One of the lads just put a video up on YouTube.
The bloke in front at the start of the video is on a KTM1290, then me on the 19 year old Tuono, then another lad on another KTM1290 and finally the camera bike is a Ducati Monster 1200 (I think). After a couple of minutes into the video I see some nice curves coming up so go for it. No speed limits were broken in this video.
The video is a bit blurry but you get some idea of how good the roads are ... and deserted. I wish I was back there now. :cry:

The bloke in front at the start of the video is on a KTM1290, then me on the 19 year old Tuono, then another lad on another KTM1290 and finally the camera bike is a Ducati Monster 1200 (I think). After a couple of minutes into the video I see some nice curves coming up so go for it. No speed limits were broken in this video.
The video is a bit blurry but you get some idea of how good the roads are ... and deserted. I wish I was back there now. :cry:
Cracking stuff mate, thanks for posting it. Looks great and the roads, scenery you want to see on a bike.

Just sorned mine till next year and the jobs for the 2 week break at christmas are, forks overhauled, inc new seals, sliders and guides renewed, new oil, Coolant flush and change, and my neutral switch is playing up so popping one of them in which stupidly will be the hardest bit.

Love a bit of winter maintenance in the workshop, heaters on, tunes on and a beer or two, working on my pride and joy.😎

Looking at doing the TET in Northern Spain and Portugal next year. Santander down to Braganza.

Back