Bikers of the smb

Like insurance its a trade off between cost,value of bike and likelihood someone tries

I Still have my abus granit chain and padlock from 1991 ,it was £120 then
mcn etc do reviews of best
I’ve still got my granit from the 90s they are a good lock but as I’ve always said if they want it nothing will stop them taking it.

I had a bike stolen in the 1990's that was locked with an Abus Granit. I couldn't understand how the lock was still locked but the bike was gone 😕. Years later I learned they could be easily unlocked using the end of a warmed up biro. I'm guessing they left the lock hoping I'd use it again on another bike,

The tool of choice these days for the thieves is a cordless angle grinder with a cutting disk on, will remove almost any lock in no time. The secret is have a few locks and put them in an inaccessible place so to make it hard for them. However, sadly if they want it, it will go. You just have to make it as hard as you can for the bastards. Mine at home is in the shed locked well, which has a top alarm on it, 2 locks on the bike, side of house blocked in by a car, Quality Cctv. If they do get it away id be shocked. When im out and about on it and park it up is when i worry.

I’ve still got my granit from the 90s they are a good lock but as I’ve always said if they want it nothing will stop them taking it.
Yes,my mate had exact same one ,his bike was nicked
Freeze spray I think
I have about 8 types of locks and I chuck them between bikes ,linking them all up
Just delays and hassle really

Yes,my mate had exact same one ,his bike was nicked
Freeze spray I think
I have about 8 types of locks and I chuck them between bikes ,linking them all up
Just delays and hassle really
Yeah they stole my gpz900r with the freeze spray trick from my yard in 93 all that was left was about 4 parts of my lock. Now I it’s locked to my ground anchor in my garage and hopefully my alarm goes off. I don’t really park the bike outside much and if I do it’s only to pop into a cafe for a coffee on a ride out and try and keep it in view.

I had a long awaited test ride of what has been my dreambike for 20 years, an R1250GS 2021 reg.

Hated it. I'm gutted. Just couldn't live with the vibrations and lack of grunt and finesse from the boxer engine.

I'm going to have to rip up my plans and start almost from scratch. On Tuesday I'm getting on a Triumph Tiger 1200, having already ridden an Explorer. I loved the triple. I'm also going to have a ride on a Rocket 3.

I had a long awaited test ride of what has been my dreambike for 20 years, an R1250GS 2021 reg.

Hated it. I'm gutted. Just couldn't live with the vibrations and lack of grunt and finesse from the boxer engine.

I'm going to have to rip up my plans and start almost from scratch. On Tuesday I'm getting on a Triumph Tiger 1200, having already ridden an Explorer. I loved the triple. I'm also going to have a ride on a Rocket 3.
Not fancy a Harley..??

Triumph tiger 900 probably better than the 1200. KTM Adventure R 1200? They’ve got loads of grunt 165bhp

Surprised to read that about the boxer engine as I've recently acquired a 1200RT and the acceleration is quite something. I'm surprised the needle doesn't bend! Did you try all the engine modes? I imagine if you had it in 'rain' mode it'd reign in the power and torque.

I've got to say, having the right bike for your needs also makes a hell of difference to your enjoyment of riding. My bike was MOT'd on 30th July and delivered on 9th August. It's currently sitting in my garage with a mileage that's 930 miles higher than the MOT recorded mileage cos when I go out on it I just ride. I even managed to fit in a Weardale-Alston-Penrith ride this morning before coming back via the A66 and A1(M) for the match. This was a shortened version of Wednesday's ride that continued from Penrith to the Lakes-Windemere-Kendal-Tebay-Brough and I had wanted to come back via Middleton-in-Teesdale and back down Weardale but had to go back via A66 due to a closed road.

Anyone finally out yet? Had a couple of runs before the rain came and hopefully again next week to a place of excercise. Probably use it for graft when i get off furlough if the weather is ok.

Haters, dont spoil the thread.🙂
We need a car owners thread aswell for those into our motors. :cool:

Out of interest, what sort of mpg do bikes get?

I was in the garage at Leyburn the other day and a bunch of them came in to fill up so I kind of imagined they must be heading into the more remote areas.

Back