Bikers of the smb

Is that to wheel them around in tight spaces or lift the bike up when it's only got sidestand? I have both

The former. Couldn't find one on either FB or Gumtree so I've ordered one. My current bike's not much of an issue, I just wheel it up the drive squeezing past my car. But, if I want a larger touring bike having a dolly will make it possible to turn the bike in the garage and ride it out. My garage is set pretty much inline with the back of the house and the drive is quite narrow between my house and next door. The garage itself is approx. 2.5m wide inside so that'll be a limiting factor to what touring bike I can get.

Abba do a good one, best around infact but they aren't cheap, you buy the stand and the dolly attaches to it. A have the stand and the front wheel lift attachment and cannot recommend one enough. Fit any bike too with the interchangeable pivot sockets.

Motorcycle Equipment - Abba Stands, UK
Could do with one of those.
Yes but you need to get the tube out the tyre to put the patch on. Not a difficult job but you would need a couple of tyre levers, and a device, co2 kit or pump to blow it back up roadside. I prefer the co2 as it takes up no space at all.

A spare tube would be the shout.
Heavy duty tubes and fill it full of slime.

Last edited:
The former. Couldn't find one on either FB or Gumtree so I've ordered one. My current bike's not much of an issue, I just wheel it up the drive squeezing past my car. But, if I want a larger touring bike having a dolly will make it possible to turn the bike in the garage and ride it out. My garage is set pretty much inline with the back of the house and the drive is quite narrow between my house and next door. The garage itself is approx. 2.5m wide inside so that'll be a limiting factor to what touring bike I can get.

get a couple of skateboard 's

They work to a point ,the wheels on mine arent very big and with a heavy bike it certainly doesn't glide around

good luck, think my next one would be the triumph tiger 1200, my 1050 is lush
Well that didn't go according to plan. My feckin license had expired in Oct last year. Despite DVLA giving everybody an 11 month expiry extension the dealer will only authorise a test ride if he sees a physical license that is valid.

Make sure you check section 4b lads. I'd moved house as well so can only presume that a letter went there warning me of the expiry, even though I didn't move until just after it had expired.

Last edited:
Well that didn't go according to plan. My feckin license had expired in Oct last year. Despite DVLA giving everybody an 11 month expiry extension the dealer will only authorise a test ride if he sees a physical license that is valid.

Make sure you check section 4b lads. I'd moved house as well so can only presume that a letter went there warning me of the expiry, even though I didn't move until just after it had expired.

Mine ran out in November but I managed a test ride a few weeks ago at BMW Boldon.

Last edited:
I’m looking to test the kawa ninja sx tourer, think nearest place to test one is Wigan. Anyone rode one of these or maybe sx1000 before it.?

Well, I bought myself a bike last week and the garage have just been on the phone to say it's ready to go. I was happy for them to deliver but due to holidays it'll either be back end of next week or beginning of the week after but obviously I'd like it sooner than that! With that in mind, does anyone know of any reputable motorcycle transporters?

Well, I bought myself a bike last week and the garage have just been on the phone to say it's ready to go. I was happy for them to deliver but due to holidays it'll either be back end of next week or beginning of the week after but obviously I'd like it sooner than that! With that in mind, does anyone know of any reputable motorcycle transporters?
i haven't used them personally but a couple of mates have and spoke well of them.

Back